- From the 2019-20 season till present day, Mohamed Salah, Jamie Vardy and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang lead the scoring charts against three different clubs
- Vardy and Salah have been the biggest nightmare for defending champions, Manchester City
- Eight players are tied at the top when it comes to goals scored against Brighton and Hove Albion, in this period
October heralds spooky season and research from mybettingsites.co.uk reveals the players who’ve been a nightmare for each Premier League club’s defence since the 2019-20 season.
Arsenal’s inconsistency has scared the living daylights out of Gooners for a good 20 years now and Raheem Sterling has jumped into the mix for the last two seasons. His four goals against the North London club is the most by any player in the league.
The Gunners, however, can take solace in the fact that club captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been the top scorer against three different sides – Newcastle, Norwich and Watford (tied with Danny Ings) – in this time period.
Aubameyang, Jamie Vardy and Mohamed Salah are the most frequent names in this list, leading the line against three clubs. Both Vardy and Salah have spooked Ederson and Manchester City, scoring four times against the reigning champions. Salah’s other victims are West Ham and newly-promoted Brentford while Vardy can count Aston Villa and Brighton in his hit-list.
|PL Since 2019-20||Opp Player||Goals|
|Aston Villa||Vardy, Jamie||4|
|Brighton and Hove Albion||8 Players||3|
Liverpool and Chelsea have something in common as both clubs’ biggest tormentors have been players from non-contenders.
Ollie Watkins’ four goals against Liverpool in this time period is the most that Jurgen Klopp’s side has conceded to a single player. The last player to score four goals in a single Premier League season against Liverpool was Andrey Arshavin whose four goals in a 4-4 thriller still haunts the red half of Merseyside.
Chelsea’s goal, meanwhile, was the favorite hunting ground for Callum Robinson. The Irishman, who currently plies his trade in the Championship with West Brom, gave the Blues the blues, scoring five times.
Tottenham are well-represented in this spooky list by their talismanic duo of Harry Kane and Son Heung-min. Kane leads the charts against Leicester City with four goals and Son has been the cause of worry for Manchester United (three goals) and Southampton (five goals).
The Red Devils have one standout in this list in the form of Bruno Fernandes. The Portuguese midfielder is the top scorer against Brighton and Leeds United. In what is very characteristic of the former Sporting CP star, he has scored from the penalty spot against both sides.
- ITV7 Racing – Racing and free bet specials for ITV7 races.
- Lucky 15 calculator – Enter the details of your Lucky 15 bet and find out your potential return.
- Bet365 bonus codes – Find all the latest bet365 bonus codes and free bets.
- Bet of the Day – A special pick based on the knowledge of our bet of the day expert.