The wait for the Ryder Cup is over, with Team USA set to take on Team Europe on Friday evening in Wisconsin, USA. 

John Rahm and Sergio Garcia are set to take on Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas in the opening clash of the competition, in what is likely to be a tightly contested battle on the green.

Team Europe captain Padraig Harrington will be hoping that Garcia’s experience coupled with Rahm’s exciting potential will get Europe off to the ideal start.

Paul Casey is paired with Viktor Hovland for their game against Collin Morikawa and world number two Dustin Johnson. English pair Lee Westwood and Matt Fitzpatrick will take on Brooks Koepka and Daniel Berger in the third fourballs match.

Ian Poulter and Rory McIlroy then face Patrick Cantlay and Xander Schauffele in the final match of Friday’s fourballs, in what is certain to be an exciting pairing.

You can find all the latest Ryder Cup betting offers below.

Betting offers

Ryder Cup Odds

USA to win: 4/9 with bet365

Europe to win: 12/5 with bet365

Tie: 12/1 with bet365

Prices are correct as of 10:45am, 24th September 2021.

Odds are subject to change.

Top Combined Points Scorer Odds

John Rahm: 13/2

Justin Thomas: 9/1

Jordan Spieth: 9/1

Patrick Cantlay: 10/1

Xander Schauffele: 10/1

 

2021 Ryder Cup – The Teams

Team USA (Captain – Steve Stricker)

  • Collin Morikawa
  • Dustin Johnson
  • Bryson DeChambeau
  • Brooks Koepka
  • Justin Thomas
  • Patrick Cantlay
  • Tony Finau
  • Xander Schauffele
  • Jordan Spieth
  • Harris English
  • Daniel Berger
  • Scottie Scheffler

Team Europe (Captain – Padraig Harrington)

  • Rory McIlroy
  • Jon Rahm
  • Paul Casey
  • Matt Fitzpatrick
  • Tyrrell Hatton
  • Tommy Fleetwood
  • Viktor Hovland
  • Lee Westwood
  • Bernd Wiesberger
  • Sergio Garcia
  • Ian Poulter
  • Shane Lowry

Betting Tips

There are plenty of angles to approach the Ryder Cup with when it comes to betting, with there being a number of different markets available for punters to place bets on.

Patrick Cantlay arrives in good form, having clinched the Tour Championship title, and he could be worth a punt on being Team USA’s top points scorer at 6/1 with bet365.

He narrowly pipped John Rahm to the Tour Championship title, but the Spaniard has shown a much-needed improvement heading into the Ryder Cup, and we’re tipping him to finish as Team Europe’s Top European Continental player at 21/20 with bet365.

But it’s tricky to look past a Team USA win in this year’s Ryder Cup, with Steve Stricker’s side having a number of players playing at the top of their game heading into the tournament. Team USA to win is priced at 4/9 with bet365.

Predictions

The pressure is on the USA heading into this year’s Ryder Cup, with the likes of Collin Morikawa, Brooks Koepka, Xander Schauffele, and Jordan Spieth all being named in their team for the 2021 competition.

There are questions as to whether Koepka will be fit to take on Europe, with the American being forced to withdraw from the Tour Championship on Saturday, September 4 after injuring his left wrist hitting a ball.

Patrick Cantlay is also included for Stricker’s side, and the 29-year-old will be full of confidence heading into the event, after winning the Tour Championship, with Spaniard John Rahm finishing one shot adrift of Cantlay.

Europe still has some heavyweights of golf in their team, with the likes of Rory McIlroy and John Rahm being teamed up with Ryder Cup veterans Ian Poulter and Sergio Garcia.

So, all the pressure will be on team USA, but you would imagine that if players like Poulter and Garcia can put their somewhat questionable form on the tour this year behind them, then team Europe could surprise a few this year, as they look to retain the Ryder Cup.

Team Europe captain Padraig Harrington spoke out on the decision to pair Rahm and Garcia together for their opening partnership in the fourballs.

“Everybody could have predicted the first. They’re putting their best out, we’re putting our best out, let’s have a go.”

Rahm expressed his gratitude for being picked to open Team Europe’s Ryder Cup defence, and highlighted the Spanish legacy that is in the competition from previous years.

“It means the captain has faith in me and who I’m partnered with. We are looking to start it the right way. There is nothing better than to be paired with my friend. Spanish legacy is deep in the Ryder Cup and I’m hoping we can start a new tradition.”

Team USA captain Steve Stricker revealed that he was excited heading into the tournament, and issued his thoughts heading into the fourballs on Friday.

“Some teams have played together over the years, whether in the Ryder Cup or Presidents Cup.

“We are really excited about how these guys are playing and the order they are going out. It is in their hands now and they are excited to get going.”

Competition Format

The Ryder Cup sees Team Europe facing off with Team USA over three days of action-packed golf.

Each team has 12 players taking part in a match play tournament for a total of 28 matches, with each match being played over 18 holes.

On Friday and Saturday, there are four four-ball matches (between two teams of two golfers scoring individually) and four foursomes (between two teams of two golfers taking alternate shots).

Then on Sunday, there are 12 singles matches which are played throughout the day, where players from Europe and USA compete against each other to win a single point.

The winner or winners of each match earn a point for their team with half a point awarded for any tie across the action this weekend.

To win the Ryder Cup outright, a team must collect 14½ of the 28 points available – in the case of a 14-14 draw, the winning team of the previous Ryder Cup retain the trophy, which in this case, would mean that Team Europe would retain the trophy, after a dominant win over Team USA in the 2018 competition.

Live Stream

The Ryder Cup will be broadcast on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Golf in the UK throughout the tournament.

BBC Sport also provides a text commentary service that is available to follow online, for fans that can’t watch the action live.

When is it?

The Ryder Cup begins on Friday, September 24, and finishes on Sunday, September 26.

Where is it?

The 2021 Ryder Cup will be taking place at Whistling Straits in Wisconsin, USA.

USA vs Europe, Who Is Favourite to Win?

Bookmakers can’t look past the strength and depth of the USA team and have made them favourites to win the 2021 Ryder Cup. The odds are supplied by bet365, are accurate at the time of publishing, and are subject to change.

Using our odds conversion tool, this provides the USA with a 66.7% chance of winning. Compare that to a 33.3% chance of Europe winning, and so the pressure will certainly be on Steve Stricker’s side to clinch the title this year.

Team Odds Implied Probability of Winning
USA 1.5 66.7%
Europe 3.0 33.3%