Up and Coming
Use code 'SN50NEW''
Sponsor Bournemouth FC
Easy to use site
Up and coming
Use code 'SCORE10'
Fantastic Welcome Offer
Best known for casino
No promo code needed
Up and Coming
Cash Out Available
No promo code needed
No promo code needed
See Our Homepage for a Full List of Betting Sites
This list is refined to newer betting sites. If you’re looking for a full list, including more established sites such as Ladbrokes etc, then take a look at My Betting Sites homepage.
Sometimes people want to open a new account, but may already have accounts with the more established bookmakers. If that is you, then this list of new online betting sites will be more relevant.
How to Protect Yourself When Joining a Newer Bookmaker
Newer bookmakers by their very nature are going to be less well known, and often, new to market. This can make it more challenging to distinguish between the ones which are genuine and those who are not.
We only feature genuine ones that you can trust with your money. The ones that appear on our site we’ve spoken to directly, and checked them. If you’re in any doubt about the legitimacy of ones that we don’t feature, here are some checks that we’d recommend you undertake:
- Check Their License – All new betting sites require to be licensed. We’d recommend sticking to betting sites that hold a UK license (some others are ok, such as Gibraltar). It is a legal requirement that this is made available easily on websites to players. It is possible to validate their license with this tool from the UK gambling commission.
- Check They Have a Physical Address – Having an address on the website should give assurance it is a legitimate site. Plus check that the address is real. Bookmakers that change hands and have gone rogue in the past have made it almost impossible to track and escalate issues by not having an address on the website. The majority are not based in the UK (Malta is common, along with Gibraltar) so don’t be put off if they’re not based in the UK.
- Read Reviews – This may sound obvious, but you can quickly get a feel of other players’ experience by reading their comments. Be mindful that players will be considerably more likely to leave a negative review rather than a positive one. Even with the big trusted bookmakers, their Trust Pilot scores are low. There are other ways to see how trustworthy they might be. See what their current sports sponsorships are; don’t just rely on former sponsorships when the bookmaker might have been owned by someone different.
- Be Wary of Obscure Deposit Methods – Traditional deposit methods are more trustworthy. Some online betting sites that accept Bitcoin make the case that they’re exempt from regulation and licensing requirements because it’s not a currency. Be sceptical with such claims. We would trust PayPal among some of the newer depositing methods.
- Does it Seem Too Good to Be True? If someone contacts you out of the blue claiming you have a won a prize, but you don’t remember competing in, or if a casino is offering a massive bonus requiring no deposit, then probably it is not a legitimate website. Not much comes for free, and this is true for online gambling as much as anything in life.
How to Evaluate If a Welcome Offer Is Good
You will be wanting to get the biggest bonus possible, and have the ability to unlock it as easily as possible.
Each welcome offer varies a little, but generally, there are two types of offer available to new customers:
Typical Offer 1) Bet a certain amount to receive a free bet
Typical Offer 2) Get a free bet bonus equal to your first deposit
The first type is easier to understand. In our table at the moment, there is an offer where you can get £10 free when you bet £10. There will be certain qualifying conditions. The qualifying bet will have minimum odds. Otherwise, you could bet on a dead certain event, and unlock a free bet with no risk. The minimum odds are usually 2.00 (evens).
This is a simple welcome offer that is easy to unlock. The drawback is that the potential bonus you will get is relatively small. In this instance, it is just £10.
The second type of welcome offers provides bigger potential bonuses. There are a couple of new sports betting sites in our table above that will match your first deposit.
- Percentage Matched – Each bookmaker will match your first bet or deposit. This will be based on a percentage. Some will 100% match what you put in, i.e. if you deposit £100 they will give you a £100 bonus. Some may 50% match it, i.e. if you deposit £100 then they will give you £50.
- Wagering Requirements – You will need to bet your initial deposit a certain amount before your bonus is unlocked and can be used.
- Qualifying Odds – When you know what your wagering requirements are, you’ll also need to know what the minimum odds are for qualifying bets. As we previously covered, you can’t bet on Man Utd to win in the 90th minute when they’re already 3-0 up. This is (almost) a dead certain so isn’t deemed a qualifying bet.
- Qualifying Sports/ Games – This might be more relevant to those wanting to bet on casino, but not all markets you can bet on will contribute to unlocking your bonus.
Bookmakers don’t change their welcome offers very much, so there is no point in holding out for a better offer. On average, they probably change every three to six months, and even then they are minor changes. Some betting sites never change their offer, so pick based on what is available now.
Look Beyond the New Customer Offer, and See What Offers You Might Receive as an Existing Customer
Yes, the new account offers can be fantastic, but if you’re planning to stick with a betting site for the longer term, then it’s worth being aware of what offers you’ll receive as an existing customer.
- MansionBet – MansionBet have daily horse racing money specials. Over the summer, they have had offers for the ICC Cricket World Cup, and Wimbledon. More about this can be found on the MansionBet promo codes page.
- 10Bet – 10Bet have run offers this summer for Copa America, the ICC Cricket World Cup and Wimbledon. More information can be found on the 10Bet promo codes page.
- SportNation – SportNation have a slightly different model which allows you to earn points. This done on all bets and you can redeem them against a variety of options, including free bets. More about this can be found on the SportNation promo codes page.