- From the 2019-20 season till present day, Mohamed Salah has been the top scorer against the maximum number of Premier League clubs (4) followed by Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (3)
- Vardy and Salah have been the biggest nightmare for defending champions, Manchester City
- Salah (5 goals) overtook Son Heung-min (3 goals) to become the top scorer against Manchester United
- Phil Foden’s brace against Brighton made him the top scorer against the Seagulls with 4 goals
October heralds spooky season and research from mybettingsites.co.uk reveals the players who’ve been a nightmare for each Premier League club’s defence since the 2019-20 season.
Mohamed Salah recently became the highest scoring player from Africa in the Premier League and it is no surprise that he has had the entire league spooked in the past two seasons. The Egyptian ace has been the top scorer against four Premier League clubs – Manchester United, Manchester City (tied with Jamie Vardy), West Ham United and Brentford (tied with 5 other players). Salah clearly is the ghost who haunts Manchester.
Arsenal’s inconsistency has scared the living daylights out of Gooners for a good 20 years now and Raheem Sterling has jumped into the mix for the last two seasons. His four goals against the North London club is the most by any player in the league.
The Gunners, however, can take solace in the fact that club captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been the top scorer against three different sides – Norwich, Newcastle (tied with Harry Kane) and Watford (tied with Danny Ings) – in this time period.
Both Jamie Vardy and Salah have spooked Ederson and Manchester City, scoring four times against the reigning champions. Vardy can also count Aston Villa in his hit-list.
|PL Since 2019-20||Opp Player||Goals|
|Manchester United||Mohamed Salah||5|
|Manchester City||Mohamed Salah, Jamie Vardy||4|
Liverpool and Chelsea have something in common as both clubs’ biggest tormentors have been players from non-contenders.
Ollie Watkins’ four goals against Liverpool in this time period is the most that Jurgen Klopp’s side has conceded to a single player. The last player to score four goals in a single Premier League season against Liverpool was Andrey Arshavin whose four goals in a 4-4 thriller still haunts the red half of Merseyside.
Chelsea’s goal, meanwhile, was the favorite hunting ground for Callum Robinson. The Irishman, who currently plies his trade in the Championship with West Brom, gave the Blues the blues, scoring five times.
Tottenham are well-represented in this spooky list by their talismanic duo of Harry Kane and Son Heung-min. Kane leads the charts against Leicester City with four goals and Newcastle United with five goals. Son has been the cause of worry for Southampton (three goals) and was also top scorer against Manchester United (three goals) but Salah overtook him with his sensational hat-trick this past week.
The Red Devils have one standout in this list in the form of Bruno Fernandes. The Portuguese midfielder is the top scorer against Brighton and Leeds United. In what is very characteristic of the former Sporting CP star, he has scored from the penalty spot against both sides.
- ITV7 Racing – Racing and free bet specials for ITV7 races.
- Lucky 15 calculator – Enter the details of your Lucky 15 bet and find out your potential return.
- Bet365 bonus codes – Find all the latest bet365 bonus codes and free bets.
- Bet of the Day – A special pick based on the knowledge of our bet of the day expert.