How do welcome offers work?
Welcome offers are primarily there to benefit any potential customers who are looking to sign-up with a new bookmaker. Bookies are often looking to draw punters in with generous promotions that they can receive by meeting the qualifying criteria attached to a specific welcome offer.
It’s vital that new customers meet the qualifying criteria of a welcome offer, which includes the wagering requirements, even if the qualifying bet is to win, as some bookmakers have different wagering requirements before a withdrawal can take place. Different bookmakers have different welcome offers for new customers, with some offering more generous offers than others.
Bookmakers will be hoping that an eye-catching welcome offer can draw punters into sticking with them moving forward throughout the year, and they have other promotions available during this time, on features such as the sportsbook, casino, bingo and poker. But for customers to stick around with their chosen bookmaker, a generous welcome offer is vital, and if you combine that with competitive betting markets and odds, then you’ve got a recipe for success.
Welcome offers can differentiate what they’re offering to new customers, with some offering free bets, whilst others might offer a certain amount of spins in a certain game in their casino area. As previously mentioned, there are plenty of welcome offers to choose from for new customers though, and you’ll be certain to find the best one for you by looking through our promo codes and reviews here at My Betting Sites.
There are welcome offers such as a deposit match, which means that the bookmaker will match the customer’s first deposit when signing up, with each bookmaker having a different maximum amount that they’ll match. Whilst there are also offers such as ‘Bet £10, Get £30’, which often proves popular amongst punters, as it gives them the chance to maximise their winnings, providing they meet the qualifying and wagering requirements involved in the welcome offer.
Do you need a bonus code?
It’s important to remember that you don’t need a bonus code to access all bookmakers’ welcome offers. Below, we’ve compiled a list of some bookmakers that do require a bonus code when signing up and a list of some that don’t.
Of course, you don’t have to use a bonus code at all when signing up, but you might not be able to benefit from some generous welcome offers from certain bookmakers.
There are bookmakers that do require a bonus code for new customers to benefit from their sign-up offers, whereas there are other bookmakers that don’t require you to enter a promo code. To find out which bookmakers do and don’t require a bonus code when signing up, check out our dedicated page.
New Betting Sites for 2021
There are plenty of new betting sites for 2021, and with some generous sign-up offers available, as well as many positive points, it wouldn’t come as a surprise to see them grow in popularity.
- Quinn Bet – The Irish bookmaker covers horse racing and football as their main focus, but they also offer competitive odds in many other sporting events such as cycling, table tennis and Esports.
- SportNation – SportNation were established in 2017, but has quickly become a well-known bookmaker in the betting world. Alongside some solid promotions, they also have a generous rewards system that some other bookmakers don’t currently offer at this moment in time.
- Bet Target – Bet Target are a relatively new bookmaker that you could be forgiven for not knowing much about just yet. But they’re bursting onto the scene with a range of betting markets available on a solid range of sporting events. Their depth of live betting opportunities are also impressive, and with a decent sign-up offer, they’re heading in the right direction.
- Kwiff – They’ve got plenty of positives going for them, and it’s clear to see why as they’ve got supercharged odds being offered to their customers on a regular basis, and with other promotions available for existing users, they’re likely to grow in popularity in the future.
- Bet UK – They’re a new bookie that have the basics covered when it comes to football-based betting on their sportsbook. There are a good range of live betting opportunities for their punters, and with a solid sign-up offer also available for new customers, there are plenty of reasons to sign-up with them.
Latest Betting Sites Reviews
bet365 continue to go from strength to strength, and they’re likely to remain one of the most popular bookmakers around at this moment in time, as they’ve got plenty going in their favour. Excellent customer service, a wide range of betting markets, and an impressive mobile app are just some of the reasons to sign-up with them, and that’s not forgetting the generous sign-up offer that new customers can benefit from.
- A wide range of betting markets
- Great live streaming options
- Attractive bonuses (T&Cs apply)
- Odds could be more competitive
There are plenty of reasons to sign-up with Ladbrokes. With a solid sign-up offer for new customers, as well as games being available for existing users to play, Ladbrokes are a reliable bookmaker that will keep their punters entertained. Various payment options that sometimes aren’t available with other bookmakers such as UKash, ClickNBuy, and Entropay for their customers to use, alongside some in-depth betting markets mean that Ladbrokes have got you covered with all you’re looking for.
- Impressing range of betting options and competitive odds, especially for football and horse racing
- Reliable customer support team dedicated to providing the highest quality service
- Accepts all primary payment methods for deposits and withdrawals
- Delays with cashout requests
- Limited coverage of sporting leagues outside the UK and Australia
- An extensive list of restricted countries
Paddy Power are a hugely popular bookmaker, and it’s clear to see why, as they’ve got plenty of positives to talk about. Plenty of promotions being available for both new and existing customers is likely to be the main pull, whilst also having a website that is easy to navigate around also makes for a pleasant experience whilst using the Irish bookmaker.
- Regular rotation of promotions and bonuses are available for all players
- Website is easy to navigate and responsive
- Variety of esports betting options
- The mobile app doesn't perform as well as the mobile or desktop site
- Live streaming coverage is limited, and you must have a funded account to view them
- The sign up bonus is relatively small when compared to competitors
William Hill are amongst the best bookmakers around, with an easy to navigate website, coupled with a well-designed mobile app, you can see why they’re a popular choice of bookmaker amongst punters. They have some more in-depth betting markets compared to some of their competitors, such as offering more depth on statistical-based markets in sports such as football, which certainly works in their favour throughout the season.
- Impressive mobile app
- Wide variety of payment options
- In-depth betting markets
- Odds on certain markets could be more competitive
Sky Bet have become a household name with punters up and down the UK, and they’re likely to remain a popular bookmaker moving forwards. Their mobile app is one of the best around, and with their customer service being extremely helpful with any enquiries, there’s many reasons to sign-up.
- Great mobile app
- Plenty of promo offers
- Wide range of betting markets
- Odds can change on bets placed at times
*We hope you love the bookies we recommended! Just to be clear, mybettingsites may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on the page.