Top 10 Best Betting Sites 2020
The UK online betting scene continues to thrive. In addition to established operators, new bookmakers are looking to force their way onto the scene. Most online bookmakers offer some form of welcome bonus or promotion. Attractive bonus opportunities are one way to attract new customers and retain current members.
We strongly recommend signing up with a trusted betting site that is licensed to operate in the UK. There are plenty of new betting sites popping up all the time. If you are not familiar with the site, it is vital that you do some extra due diligence. All the sites we have listed are licensed and legal to operate in the UK.
We reiterate this next point throughout this article, but its importance cannot be understated. If you feel like you’ve developed a problem with your gambling, or are concerned about someone who might have, don’t hesitate to ask for help. There are a number of organisations that you can contact for advice. GambleAware is one of these, alongside BeGambleAware.
With so much choice available, it can be difficult to decide which bookmakers offer the best bonus for you. There are several aspects to consider – the ease of qualifying, time restrictions and the value of the bonus is especially important.
We also stress the importance of reading and understanding all terms and conditions associated with any offer you’re considering. Remember, payment and time restrictions could apply too.
Historical Betting Sites in the UK
When deciding on the best betting website and best online betting sites, reputation and experience go a long way. The marketplace is flooded with new betting sites, but there are also several traditional and historical sports betting sites available. These include:
Ladbrokes: A gambling giant, so naturally one of the top betting sites. Launched in 1886, Ladbrokes is now a multi-million-pound business. It carried brand power when the focus moved from shops to online betting sites. Now the best betting website and best betting sites UK.
Coral: Part of the bookmaking industry for 90+ years. It is now one of the top betting sites. Coral has undergone several changes and mergers over the years. Through all of this, it remains one of the best online betting sites and best betting websites available.
William Hill: A titan of the UK high street and another of the top betting sites boasting a rich history. Today, William Hill ranks amongst the most modern of betting sites and a real player in the fight to be the best betting website. You’ll struggle to find better betting sites from a UK operator.
The Evolution of UK Betting Sites
There are a huge number of bettors who focus on placing wagers online, rather than using traditional high street bookies. There are a number of reasons for this preference.
Firstly, the ease of placing bets is greatly increased. Rather than having to visit a store during their opening hours, the use of betting sites allows you to place bets at any time, anywhere.
The ability to deposit, withdraw and access your funds wherever you are is another huge attraction. It’s also easier to find sports and markets online that you wouldn’t necessarily have access to if visiting the high street.
With the rise in online betting, there is much competition between betting sites to offer the best possible service. Regular users have noticed that betting sites now offer a more rounded service than in previous years.
So, what’s changed? One of the biggest additions to online betting is the option to bet via your mobile device. The best betting sites offer mobile betting to their customers. Often, this can come in the form of dedicated sports betting apps. You can also access your online account by visiting the site using your mobile browser.
Since betting has become easier, addiction has also come to the forefront of the industry. If you feel that you have a problem with your betting, or are worried about someone that does, there are a variety of organisations that can help. Two of these are GambleAware and BeGambleAware.
New Betting Sites for 2020
When reviewing the best online betting sites and, in particular, the top betting sites in the UK, we shouldn’t overlook new brands. One of the top betting sites could be a new release.
In some instances, coming in with a fresh, modern approach helps the top betting sites in the UK to try to beat the competition. Below are a number of new betting sites for 2020 with the makings of becoming one of the best betting websites around.
- 10bet: It may be a new face among the top betting sites in the UK field but it is eager to impress. It holds its own against other new betting sites and can even take on established sports betting sites when it comes to value, promotions and betting sign up free bets offers. With a quick visit to 10bet you’ll see why this is a contender for the best betting website.
- Sportnation: Another of the new breed of sports betting sites in the UK is keen to make its mark. It was previously connected to Bet on Brazil which is one of the best online betting sites in its homeland. Sportnation’s football platform is well worth a visit and a frontrunner for the best betting website.
- Smarkets: Offering both an Exchange and a Sportsbook, Smarkets are looking to infiltrate the betting scene with their offerings. Smarkets is an easy-to-use site with welcome bonuses for both facilities and is likely to make a big impression in the coming year.
- Virgin Bet: Commonly associated with Games betting, Virgin Bet have made a move into the Sports betting world. They offer odds and markets on the most popular sports. There are also a range of promotions for new and existing customers to take advantage of.
- STS: Having now moved into the UK betting scene, STS are looking to impress with their Sportsbook. Here, you’ll find a good range of odds across the most common sports, alongside esports, casino and live casino facilities.
- Interbet: Another new addition to new betting sites in the UK is Interbet. Also offering a casino platform, there is plenty available for the sports bettor, too. The excellent live betting service means that the site is of particular interest to those who prefer in-play betting.
Top 3 Online Betting Sites 2020: Comparison
With so much competition in the UK market, it can be rather confusing for new punters to know where to turn. To get you started, here are three of the best sports betting sites in the business.
When we consider the variety of betting sign up offers, we can see why BetVictor is counted among the favorites.
Up to £30 bonus
T&Cs : New Customers only. Deposit, opt in and place a £5 qualifying bet at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 2x £10 Free Sports Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater, expires in 7 days, plus a £10 Casino Bonus, not for Baccarat, expires in 7 days. Wager the Casino Bonus 35x to withdraw winnings, game weighting: Slots/Instant Win:100%; Roulette/Table Games/Video Poker:20%; Blackjack:10%. Card Payments only. Geographical Restrictions and T&Cs Apply, See Below. 18+| Please Gamble Responsibly
BetVictor are one of the most popular betting sites in the UK, and have maintained their reputation over a number of years. Their site, accessible via both desktop and mobile, is easy to use and reliable.
Much of their success has come due to their range of new customer offers. Alongside their standard welcome bonus, they also regularly have exclusive offers for some of the biggest sporting events.
New BetVictor customers can qualify for a £20 free sports bet plus a £10 casino bonus. Deposit and bet at least £5 at odds of 2.0 or greater within seven days of opening your account to qualify.
A popular offer and one that’s reasonably easy to qualify for. As with all betting sites offers, ensure that you read and understand all terms and conditions before attempting to claim a bonus.
You’d be hard pressed to find a sports fan who hasn’t come across Betfred. This bookmaker has ties to some of the biggest events in British sport, including football, horse racing and snooker. Betfred are also well known for their range of betting promotions for both new and existing customers.
Up to £30 Free Bet
New UK & NI customers only. 18+. Sign up using promo code ‘SPORTS60’. Deposit & place first sports bet at a minimum of £10 in one bet transaction at evens (2.0) +. £30 paid in free bets within 48 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. E-Wallet & Prepaid Card restrictions apply. Your first bet must be settled within 60 days of bet placement. SMS validation may be required. Game restrictions apply. Maximum 30 Free Spins on selected games. Free Spins expire after 7 days. Full T&Cs apply.
Betfred shouldn’t be overlooked when it comes to reviewing the best online betting sites and sign up free bets offers. This is an exciting brand that has been part of the UK sports betting scene for a number of years. Certainly, Betfred should be considered a contender for the best betting website and best betting site UK.
The world’s favourite online bookmaker has its own new customer offers.
No UK betting sites review would be accurate without including bet365. It’s widely regarded as one of the best online betting sites available. It covers every base, including betting sign up offers.
If you choose bet365 from our list of betting sites and you’ll have to visit the brand’s site to discover whether there are betting sign up offers available.
As with all of the leading sports betting sites, the advertised betting sign up offers are completely optional.
Some welcome offers may require a promo code. See our betting promo codes page for more details. Each page lists the latest bonus code for the month. It also provides an overview of which betting offers each bookmaker had for existing customers for the previous month.
How to Protect Yourself When Joining a New Betting Site
Of course, new betting sites are less known than their more established counterparts. It can be challenging to distinguish between those bookmakers which are genuine and those who should be avoided.
We will only ever feature legitimate bookmakers that provide safety and security for your money. The operators that feature on our site have been checked thoroughly. If you’re in any doubt about the trustworthiness of ones that we don’t feature, here are some checks that we’d recommend you undertake:
- Check Their License –All new betting sites require to be licensed. We’d recommend sticking to betting sites that hold a gambling license. It is a legal requirement that is made available easily on websites to players.
- Check They Have a Physical Address – Having an address on the website should give assurance that it is a legitimate site. Check that the address provided is real. Bookmakers that change hands and have gone rogue in the past have made it almost impossible to track and escalate issues by not having an address on the website. The majority are not based in the UK (Malta is common, along with Gibraltar) so don’t be put off if they’re not based in the UK.
- Be Wary of Obscure Deposit Methods – Traditional deposit methods are more trustworthy. Some online betting sites that accept Bitcoin make the case that they’re exempt from regulation and licensing requirements because it’s not a currency. Be sceptical with such claims. We would trust PayPal among some of the newer depositing methods.
- Read Reviews –This may sound obvious, but you can quickly get a feel of other players’ experience by reading their comments. Be mindful that players will be considerably more likely to leave a negative review rather than a positive one. Even the big trusted bookmakers have low scores on Trust Pilot. See what the current sports sponsorships are, it’s an excellent way to determine if a betting site is trustworthy.
- Does it Seem Too Good to Be True? If someone contacts you out of the blue claiming that you’ve won a prize that you don’t remember entering, it’s probably not a legitimate website. The same goes for if they claim that they’re offering a huge bonus that requires no deposit. Not much comes for free, and this is true for online gambling as much as anything in life. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
How to choose a New UK Betting Site for you
Let’s delve a little further into how to choose from the best new betting sites. As we’ve seen, there are a number of aspects that you should consider before signing up to any new UK betting sites. We’ll look at these aspects in greater detail shortly. For now, familiarise yourself with these questions, these are what you should consider when deciding on new bookmakers.
- -> Are the odds available competitive?
- -> Are the sites trustworthy?
- -> How many betting markets are available?
- -> How many new betting sites offers are there for new customers?
- -> Are there any new betting sites promotions open for existing customers?
- -> Are there mobile betting opportunities?
- -> How many different payment options are there?
- -> Do operators have good customer support options?
- -> Does the betting platform offer an intuitive and easy way to bet?
When we conducted our research into new bookmakers, we tried to answer all of the questions listed above. The 2020 new betting sites that we recommend performed extremely well across all topics. Now, we have thoroughly considered all aspects to provide you with a comprehensive and authoritative guide. However, it’s important to note that while these are our recommendations, you’re free to choose any betting site you wish.
It’s important for any customer to be able to trust their bookie. Whether that’s in trusting them to consistently offer you the best odds, the biggest range of markets or to keep your personal information safe, trust is key.
Of course, with new operators, it’s difficult to gauge how trustworthy that bookmaker is. Many new customers rely on bookmaker reviews such as ours to give them a helping hand in making the right choice. Again, to reiterate, we’ve provided you with an unbiased and objective review of all new bookmakers. There are, though, certain things you can check to put your mind at ease.
Firstly, make sure whichever site you’re interested in is legal. All UK bookmakers have to provide information to prove they’re legal and regulated by the gambling commission. This information can be found on the home page of your chosen betting website.
It’s also important to ensure that your bookmaker of choice offers security for your personal and banking information. All of this information can be found in the Help or Legal tabs of your bookmaker.
Secondly, it’s possible to check the value of the odds and the range of markets of most bookmakers before you sign up. Most operators allow access to their site without the need to register. You can’t, of course, place any bets without signing up first. Comparing the odds with those of other bookmakers will give you a good idea of how competitive the prices are.
The same applies to betting markets, too. Find a particular game or event and compare how many markets are available with those of other, more established bookmakers.
In addition to the above, always check the promotions pages of new UK betting sites. While a bookmaker might entice you by offering an attractive welcome bonus, other betting offers should be made available as well.
Reliable betting sites
Another important aspect of new bookmakers is how reliable they are. This can cover a range of topics. Firstly, a betting experience can be ruined by a poor interface. Before you sign up to any of the new betting sites for 2020, take the time to peruse the pages. In particular, check for how many tabs you have to click on to get to the market of your choice. You should also check how quickly each page loads.
The best new sites have put a lot of effort into providing a seamless betting experience, which means, in essence, it’s quick and easy to place your bets.
Low risk online gambling sites
If you’re new to betting, there’s one extremely important issue to raise. Gambling is a risky business. There is no such thing as a definite bet, however convincing the odds might suggest. Any gambler, whether new or experienced, is likely to lose money. Be aware of this before you start betting.
So, what do we mean by low risk gambling? Protecting your bankroll is vital to long term, successful betting. Most new bookmakers now allow you to set yourself betting limits, so you can’t transfer additional funds after a selected amount.
Also, most sites accept a small amount as a stake. This means that although your winnings, if any, are smaller, you’re not risking as much in the way of funds.
Reputable betting websites
Again, only sign up to new bookies who are regulated by the UK gambling commission. This helps protect your personal information and your bank details, as well as ensuring that you’re betting with a legal online site.
Betting companies with player friendly terms and conditions
All, both old and new UK bookmakers, provide a list of terms and conditions. These don’t just apply to old and new betting sites promotions, they are also in place when you sign up.
Online betting sites, particularly casinos, have got themselves in trouble in recent years for establishing t’s and c’s that are difficult to adhere to. The best betting sites focus on the player, making terms easy to meet, whether that’s in signing up or taking advantage of new betting sites offers.
5 Best Online Bookmaker Offers
We’ve hand-picked several great sign up offers and betting promotions :
Open Account Offer
Reliable bookmaker for all A wide range of sports options
Open Account Offer
Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. The bonus code MYBETCODE can be used during registration, but does not change the offer amount in any way. Full T&Cs
Up to £40 Money Back + £10 Casino Bonus
Up to £40 Money Back + £10 Casino Bonus
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min odds of 1.40 (2/5), 25x for Casino. £10 casino bonus credited next working day; 35x wagering on casino. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&Cs
Get a £20 Free Bet when you Bet £5
Reliable bookmaker for all
Get a £20 Free Bet when you Bet £5
18+ Eligible UK+IRE players. PaypaI & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout restrictions + T&Cs apply Full T&Cs
Bet £10 Get £30 in Free Bets
Always outstanding promotions
Bet £10 Get £30 in Free Bets
18+. UK+IRE only. Promo code 'G30' required. Min first bet £10. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £30 credited as 3 x £10 free bets. Not valid with CashOut. Free bet valid for 7 days.T&Cs Apply. Full T&Cs
Bet £10 Get up to £40 Free Bets
Bet £10 Get up to £40 Free Bets
New Customers only - £10 minimum deposit using promo code "FOOTBALL" - First bet must be placed on any market - Minimum stake £10 at odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. General deposit method & withdrawal restrictions apply & Full T&C’s apply Full T&Cs
How to choose a Sports Betting Site
When choosing an online sports betting site to suit your needs, there are many points to keep in mind. You want your new bookmaker to cover every aspect of your needs. We’ll start by saying don’t simply go with the top betting sites in the UK purely because of their reputation. One of the best betting websites could be a new name, so be aware of the latest additions on the scene.
Some of the best online betting sites have many years of experience, but new online bookies can be just as ambitious and innovative. There’s also betting sign up offers to consider. The top betting sites are often the most generous.
Think about the sports you are most interested in betting on and find the top betting sites that will have you covered. It could be football, horse racing, tennis, boxing or cricket. The best betting website will have exactly what you need. Online punters are spoiled for choice with the best betting sites in the UK.
Odds are also very important when picking your top betting sites in the UK. You want to get the best price as often as possible. Again, the top betting sites don’t disappoint.
Dedicated, helpful and friendly customer service is vital to the best betting websites. Above all, they should be easy to get in contact with and, generally, the best betting websites operate 24/7.
Football Betting Sites
Football betting is big business in the UK. Many of the leading bookmakers place great emphasis on looking after football bettors. Here are some of the best online betting sites for football:
- 888Sport has more markets than most of the competition. More ways to bet means more ways to win which makes it one of the best football betting sites.
- Betfair offers competitive betting odds on the top football leagues from around the world. The addition of its betting sign up offers is the icing on the cake.
- Paddy Power is certainly among the best football betting sites. Check out the promotions page on the website or app and you’ll find a long list of betting sign up offers, specials and deals on the beautiful game.
- Betfred is known as the bonus king. For instance, it gives double the odds on first goalscorer bets if your player nets two or three for the hat-trick. All this comes at no extra cost to you.
Boxing Betting Sites
Choosing the best boxing betting sites involves seeing sites that don’t only offer to bet on the fight winner or winning round. The fun from betting on boxing (or UFC) also relies on getting the best odds possible, the most markets and landing the most generous big fight bonuses.
- Bet365 offers dozens of markets on the top fights happening anywhere in the world. You can place bets on matches coming up in a few days or fantasy fights that aren’t official yet.
- Paddy Power is another bookmaker that offers an enhanced boxing betting platform. There are, particularly for the biggest boxing events, a good range of odds and markets available here.
Horse Racing Betting Sites
Betting on horse racing, for the casual bettor at least, usually involves betting on the major races that take place each year. Royal Ascot, Cheltenham and, of course, the Grand National are amongst the biggest spectacles in the horse racing calendar. These events are packed with plenty of betting opportunities. The vast diversity of betting types and methods in horse racing push all major betting sites to be at their very best.
- Ladbrokes is a great reference in this category because they offer Best Odds Guaranteed on all race meetings in the UK and Ireland. They also enhance odds for some of the major races.
- William Hill hand-picks races and enhances the odds for a selection of horses.
Top Betting Sites for Live Betting
While traditionally pre-match betting is the most popular form of placing wagers, the live betting scene has exploded in recent years. The ability to place bets while the action is taking place has certainly invigorated betting.
In-play betting also gives you the opportunity to find better odds. Let’s use an example. Manchester City are at home to West Ham United in the Premier League. They are priced at 1.50 to win the game before kick-off. During the game, if City went 1-0 down, the odds on the home win will lengthen. Still expect City to win? Betting on the home side at this point could provide more value.
More recent additions to the UK betting scene have taken heed of the interest in live betting. Most new sites available offer an extensive live betting service. The best cover a wide range of sports. While football, basketball and tennis are staples in the in-play scene, some sportsbooks have live odds for more obscure sports too.
To find the best betting sites for live betting, look out for range of odds, range of markets and sports covered. These three aspects in particular should please most in-play fans.
Our top three list of the best live betting sites is made up of the following:
How to place a Bet on an online Betting Site
Here are some of the benefits of having a flutter at these sports betting sites.
This is of paramount importance when it comes to betting online with the best betting sites in the UK. Each of the betting sites mentioned in our list is completely safe, reliable and fair. As a result, this allows you to place an online bet on sports without the need to worry. If you’re unsure of any betting site, note that you can check any bookmaker credentials with the UK Gambling Commission.
This is a vital part of modern betting. Punters love to bet when they want, where they want and on what they want. The mobility that comes with modern betting sites is seriously impressive. With a reliable internet access, you can gamble on sports when on the move, using your betting mobile app.
This is particularly important when it comes to betting in-play. You want to get your cash down before the price changes or the market is suspended. In addition, each of the best online betting sites mentioned is fast, reliable and responsive. You can log in and place your bet in a matter of seconds.
Your favourite sports should be easy to access. Modern betting sites have odds and markets on more sports and markets than ever before. Furthermore, the most popular sports are covered but you also have the option to bet on politics and reality TV. You can access these as easy as the top sports, simply by using your desktop computer or mobile app.
Fresh odds come faster than ever before. However, to give yourself the best chance of landing a profit, you must get the best odds possible on your selection. The best online betting sites update odds instantly, keeping you up to speed and ready to react to any changes. This feature works well with in-play betting.
Betting offers are given to both new and existing customers of the best online betting sites. You’ll get money back, enhanced odds, extra places each-way and free bets offers. Some of the best betting sign up offers are reserved for new customers but each of the bookies mentioned in our reviews also look out for those already loyal to the brand.
Latest bookmaker reviews
10Bet has dedicated nearly two decades of experience to creating the ultimate gambling experience to its clients. The site has over 60 sports such as the NFL, horse racing or virtual sports, as well as live streaming and in-play betting options. If you'd prefer to enjoy the casino, the list of games is extensive and always growing. This provider takes security very seriously and is licensed with the UK Gambling Commission to provide the safest betting environment. Security measures are in place to ensure that your sensitive information is safe. The site also provides tools to put you in control of your gambling activity. No matter what your preference, 10Bet aims to provide the best betting experience to all bettors.
- A plethora of sporting events and casino games to bet on
- Generous bonuses and VIP program
- The mobile platform is responsive and intuitive
- Customer support team has a bad reputation of being unresponsive or slow with query resolution
- Some wagering requirements on bonuses are higher than usual
- Online casino has limited video poker options available
The 22Bet brand is operated by TonyBet, based in Estonia and licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. The site was launched in 2018, and despite its short existence, it’s rapidly become one of the top sportsbooks in Europe. Players have access to competitive odds and an extensive range of markets. The sports betting options include major and lesser-known events worldwide, including esports. There are also regular promotions and bonuses that run concurrently with specific events or tournaments. For those who prefer to try their luck in the online casino, there are over 300 games available. The casino games are provided by some of the top developers such as QuickSpin, NetEnt and NYX. One player account gives you access to the online casino slot and table games, live dealer games, as well as sports betting. Feel free to change your preferences as the mood strikes.
- Most popular and lesser-known sports are covered as well as esports
- Various bonuses and promotions available to coincide with tournaments and special events
- Players can choose from a wide variety of payment methods for added convenience
- No live streaming available
- Withdrawal times can be slow during busy periods
- Customer service lacks a live chat feature. Players are currently limited to a contact request form
888sport is the sports betting division of the award-winning 888.com and has quickly made a name as one of the top sports betting operators. Their wide variety of betting markets and competitive odds make it possible for you to enjoy your sports betting experience around the clock. The site works with a variety of banking options for your added convenience. Whatever your game of choice is, the 888sport site and app are compatible across multiple platforms. Whether you're placing bets at home or on the go, you're covered with 888sport. The dedicated customer support team is available on live chat 24/7 to help you resolve any problems or queries. There is also a comprehensive FAQ section if you'd prefer to try resolving your query yourself.
- One of the top sports betting sites in security and software
- Multiple payment options make it easier for all players to enjoy
- Wide variety of bonuses and promotions available to new and existing players
- Some withdrawal options carry hidden fees
- Site is not integrated with the casino games available at 888.com
- Quick to apply limits when players start winning
Since its creation in 2000, bet365 has rapidly grown into the top global sports betting brand. The company has spent the last 20 years expanding their offer and are always reaching new heights. With features like GPS horse racing, live streaming, match live and the bet builder, bet365 is constantly using innovative ideas to improve the overall user experience. Whether you prefer slots, poker, table games, bingo, or sports betting, you'll find a betting experience worth writing home about. bet365 is known for its generous bonuses and promotions for new and existing players. Whichever your preferred gambling method or sport of choice, you're likely to find a corresponding bonus or promotion available.
- Extensive range of markets and attractive odds
- Wide variety of bonuses, promotions and discounts for new and existing players
- Excellent customer supports is dedicated to ensuring a top sports betting experience
- Finding what you're looking for is a challenge on this over-crowded website unless you're used to it
- International sporting events are limited
- Site is swift to enforce restrictions on player accounts for suspicious activity
Since 1946, this Gibraltar-based provider has earned its spot as one of the top online gambling providers in Europe. BetVictor has wowed customers in over 150 countries with its innovative features. If you prefer placing bets on football, especially the European leagues, you're sure to find the best odds available. Their high-quality mobile apps allow you to enjoy your sports betting or online casino experience anywhere. BetVictor can provide a large variety of sporting events to bet on through partnerships with some of the top leagues and tournaments. The online casino boasts over 700 of the best games provided by the leading names in software development such as IGT and NetEnt.
- Mobile app and website is simplified for improved usability
- An extensive list of payment options available
- The customer service department is available 24/7 with speedy turnaround time with resolving queries
- The website is complicated to use and could have a more intuitive layout.
- No esports betting options available
- Customers must have an active bet to access live streaming on a particular event
Since opening its first betting shop in 1967, BetFred made a name for itself as "The Bonus King" after the creation of the Lucky 15 betting system. BetFred launched its online betting division in 2004, which led to its first millionaire the same year. More than 50 years has afforded BetFred enough time to establish itself as a tycoon in the gambling industry. It is not only one of the most respected betting companies in the North West, but throughout the UK as well. By staying true to their principles of providing the best value and remarkable service, BetFred continues to provide a thrilling experience. While players have access to a range of betting markets and competitive odds, the online casino boasts a multitude of gaming options. All casino games are supplied by some of the top names in software development such as Blueprint Gaming, Ash Gaming and Playtech.
- Players can place bets online, telephonically or at a betting shop
- Recurring enhanced odds opportunities
- Attractive sports betting and casino bonuses and promotions for all players regularly
- Virtual sports betting options are limited
- High wagering requirements on bonuses
- The customer service can be sluggish at times
Betfair is one of the world's leading international betting exchanges. With their launch in 2000, they're providing players with the freedom to create their odds for wagers. The industry pioneer continues to stun customers with innovative products such as "Acca Edge" and "Price Rush". Aside from their exciting sports betting offering, Betfair boasts an abundance of game options in their online casino. Some of the top names in software development supply the best options in slots, table games, video poker as well as a live dealer casino. Betfair also features some Specialty games such as bingo, virtual horse racing, darts and Mahjong. Betfair is dedicated to providing the best gambling opportunities to its customers through their apps, generous promotions and unique features. In an ongoing effort to improve their services, they've joined forces with Paddy Power as well as FanDuel and now for part of Flutter Entertainment PLC.
- There are no winning limits imposed on players
- A wide variety of payment options are available for added convenience with fast payout processing times
- A plethora of online casino game options
- Live streaming is only available for horse racing and only if you wager at least €/£2 on the race
- Some players from certain countries incur transaction fees with some of the payment options
- Raises commission if the player wins more than £250,000
The Betway Group offers world-class gambling entertainment through their Betway Sports, Casino, Vegas, Esports, Poker and Live Casino divisions. The group has been making its mark on the gambling industry since 2006 with its top-quality and interactive gambling gaming products. As a player, you can rest assured that you are protected while enjoying your preferred form of gambling. All platforms of the Betway Group operate on regulated markets and with the required licences. The group complies with all rules and regulations as well as implementing the highest level of security. No matter which method you choose for your gambling entertainment, the Betway Group has you covered. Their ambitious approach ensures that you'll always find what you're looking for.
- Impressive live streaming options available
- Offers players 22 deposit and 14 withdrawal options
- Various bonuses and promotions available to new and existing players
- The desktop site is too cluttered while the mobile app is lacking features
- Game options for online casino are limited since all games are from Microgaming
- Bonus is small when compared to the standard for the industry
BoyleSports, founded by John Boyle in 1989, has grown into the largest privately-owned sportsbook in Ireland. It is also the largest. The sportsbook is regulated and licenced in Ireland, the UK and Gibraltar and has expanded its services to international markets. All staff members at BoyleSports receive intensive training to ensure that customers always get the best service available. Players can expect the ultimate gambling experience with their BoyleSports account. Existing players can also earn exclusive rewards on their regular betting activities. The betting opportunities available at BoyleSports reach far and wide, ranging from rugby and cricket to the NHL and NBA. Other gambling options include the lottery, virtual races and online casino games.
- Regular bonuses and promotions for new and existing players
- A dedicated team providing top-level customer support to customers
- Wide variety of payment methods available
- Live streaming options are limited to horse and greyhound races
- Services are only available in English
- Welcome is restricted for players using specific payment methods such as Neteller
Coral Interactive focuses on the telephonic, mobile and online sports betting operations of the Gala Coral Group. With over a decade in operation, the Coral brand has earned its spot as the third most significant sports betting provider in the UK. The bongo and online casino operations fall under the Gala Interactive brand of the group. Customers can enjoy the most extensive range of gambling opportunities across various platforms. This includes the recently released mobile app, providing players with the freedom to place bets wherever they go. Whether using the desktop site or impressive mobile betting app, you can enjoy live streaming of major sporting events through CoralTV. To access a specific live stream, you need to have an active bet on the event or funds in your betting account.
- Rapidly expanding In-Play sports betting options
- Multiple promotions and bonuses for new and existing players in sports betting, online casino, poker and bingo
- An extensive list of markets for sports betting
- The welcome offer is not valid for players using PayPal, Neteller, Skrill or PaySafeCard as a payment method
- Esports betting options are limited
- Players from too many countries are restricted
GentingBet is part of the Genting Group, which has over 50 years of experience in the entertainment industry. It is considered one of the largest casino and leisure companies worldwide. The company is dedicated to providing players with the best gambling experience. Players can enjoy GentingBet's online casino and sportsbook on their mobile device, at their convenience. This operator's "mobile-first" approach ensures that the user's mobile experience is the perfect balance between virtual and real-life gambling. In the online casino, players will find a plethora of games available. The live casino boasts a wide variety of popular and exclusive live dealer games. In the sports betting section, players have access to an extensive list of betting options from famous and lesser-known sports. The lack of live streaming options is compensated for by the catalogue of in-play betting options and promotions.
- Top-quality customer service team available 24/7
- Competitive odds and a wide variety of sports betting options
- "Create your own bet" feature with a large variety of options available
- There are no available odds for esports wagers
- No live streaming features available
- Limited promotions related to sports betting. Most bonuses and promotions are available for the online casino
The Grosvenor Sportsbook and Grosvenor Casino form part of Rank Leisure Holdings Ltd. This sportsbook is licenced and regulated by the UKGC, ensuring quality services. Your safety and security are also guaranteed with the use of the latest security measures. Some of the most popular betting options at Grosvenor Sportsbook include horse racing, golf and cricket. Though the fun doesn't stop there, you can also place wagers on some lesser-known events such as chess and darts. Some impressive and competitive odds accompany this extensive list of betting markets. Grosvenor has a multitude of bonus offers and promotions available to both new and existing players. Some of these offers include an attractive welcome bonus, cashback offers and "best odds guaranteed".
- A large variety of payment methods to choose from
- A generous welcome bonus is offered to new players
- Online casino and sportsbook is available on desktop and mobile devices
- The VIP section mainly caters to the online casino players
- Live streaming is only available if you've placed a wager on the game
- Limited selections available for esports
Since 2005, the team at Karamba have combined their experience and passion for creating the best in online entertainment. The brand is committed to putting its customers first and providing the best overall gambling experience. In efforts to reach this goal, the CARE (Customers Are Really Everything) principle rings true. Karamba is part of Aspire Global International Ltd. and is fully licenced with MGA. This means that you can be confident that the top internet security methods are employed to guarantee your safety while playing online. You can enjoy one of the most popular activities of leisure with Karamba. Whether you're looking to partake in sports betting or try your hand with the online casino, you'll find something to pique your interest. Browse the wide varieties in Sports betting, scratch cards, virtual sports, live casino and online casino.
- A plethora of betting options available between the online casino and sportsbook
- Variety of generous bonus offers, promotions and rewards available to all players
- A wide selection of payment methods available for your added convenience
- Withdrawals have a minimum pending period of 48 hours
- An extensive list of countries that are restricted
- The design needs to be tidied up a bit
Ladbrokes is listed under the GVC Holdings brand, along with 13 other sportsbooks and online casinos. The company is known as one of the biggest names in the British sports betting and gambling industry. The casino and sportsbook are licenced and regulated by the GGC as well as the UKGC. Whether you're looking for an online casino or sports betting experience, Ladbrokes has an option for you. The online casino boasts over 540 thrilling table and slot games as well as the live dealer casino. The sports betting section has events covered from horse racing and soccer to boxing and tennis.
- Impressing range of betting options and competitive odds, especially for football and horse racing
- Reliable customer support team dedicated to providing the highest quality service
- Accepts all primary payment methods for deposits and withdrawals
- Delays with cashout requests
- Limited coverage of sporting leagues outside the UK and Australia
- An extensive list of restricted countries
Though MansionBet may only have launched in 2018, their experience comes from the casino and poker divisions of the Mansion Ltd. company. MansionBet is regulated and licenced by the UKGC, thus adheres to a strict gambling code of conduct. The knowledgeable customer support team is available during dedicated hours to make query resolution as hassle-free as possible. You can reach them telephonically, via email, or live chat. If you prefer sports betting, you're in for a treat with their variety of betting markets. For those who seek a Vegas-style experience, the online casino and live dealer casino games are waiting for you. With a regular rotation of bonuses, rewards and promotions, you should check in often to get the best deals.
- Reliable, award-winning and reputable provider
- Popular payment options are available for withdrawals and deposits
- Highly trained customer support team is dedicated to helping you resolve any queries or complaints you may have
- No live streaming feature available
- Offers are mainly focused toward football wagers
- No dedicated mobile app available
Paddy Power is an Irish sportsbook founded in 1988 and has earned its reputation amongst the best in the online gambling industry. Licenced with the MGA and UKGC, the provider adheres to strict regulations to provide a fantastic betting experience. With the rapid growth of their website, the team at Paddy Power created a dedicated mobile app for Android and iOS users. Players are now able to get their sports betting kicks wherever they are. Paddy Power merged with Betfair and FanDuel in 2016 and 2018, respectively, and is now part of the Flutter Entertainment plc name. At the rate that this sportsbook is growing, they're doing something worth checking out.
- Regular rotation of promotions and bonuses are available for all players
- Website is easy to navigate and responsive
- Variety of esports betting options
- The mobile app doesn't perform as well as the mobile or desktop site
- Live streaming coverage is limited, and you must have a funded account to view them
- The sign up bonus is relatively small when compared to competitors
RaceBets is a German betting company that was launched in 2005. The bookmaker is now part of the Betsson Group and has licences with MGA, UKGC, the Irish National Excise Licence Office as well as the Regional Council of Darmstadt, Germany. If your main sports betting preference is greyhound and horse races, then you're in luck with this bookie as that's their focus. Players can place wagers on races in 40 countries. The round the clock coverage equates to hundreds of races daily and over 250,000 races a year. Since 2012, RaceBets has been one of the top providers for race betting in the UK with both national and global coverage. The assortment of promotions and bonuses mean you'll always find an offer to suit your needs.
- Covers races from 40 different countries
- Streams races globally 24/7
- An array of bonuses and promotions available to all players
- The welcome offer is not available to players using PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, prepaid cards and PaySafeCard and a payment method
- Restricted to only horse race coverage
- Does not offer 24/7 customer support
SportNation is owned and operated by Argyll Entertainment AG and holds a licence with the UKGC. While the site is dedicated to offering sports betting opportunities, it also has an extensive online casino section. Whichever options you choose to enjoy, your online gambling needs will be met by SportNation. The multitude of pre- and in-play betting options as well as the impressive odds, will satisfy your sports betting desires. The online casino consists of the best option in table games and slots. You'll also have access to some added excitement in the live dealer casino. The available promotions, bonuses and rewards are more than you would expect from a sportsbook. These generous offers are ever-changing, so you'll always be able to take advantage of them.
- Free statistics available for most sports
- Extensive coverage of sports betting markets
- Impressive welcome bonus available for new players
- No dedicated mobile app
- Slow loading times between the various pages
- No live streaming features available
STS, operated by STSbet Limited, is part of the STS Gaming Group. The company is licenced and regulated to adhere to the strictest rules according to the MGA and UKGC. You can enjoy your betting experience knowing that STS has employed the necessary security measures to ensure your safety online. At STS, players can place wagers on a plethora of in-play as well as pre-match betting markets. The sportsbook has streaming coverage for over 30,000 live sporting events every month. With live betting, you also have access to regular score updates, match data and live commentary. For your added convenience, the expert customer support team is available 24/7 to assist with your queries or complaints. You will also be able to make use of significant payment methods for your deposits and withdrawals.
- This established brand is reliable and has a good reputation
- Impressive in-play betting and live streaming options available on a large variety of events
- Fully equipped online casino powered by big names in software development
- Customer services could be better at answering queries faster
- Multiple deposit process for the welcome bonus makes it complicated to obtain
- The dedicated mobile app is limited to players from Poland
The Tote has been associated with the BetFred Group brand but is now part of UK Tote Group Ltd. A group of shareholders owns the company with a passion for horse racing and creating a memorable betting experience. The Tote is fully licenced by the UKGC and adheres to strict regulations in service to UK customers. As a fan of horse races, you're considering the right bookmaker for your bets with Tote. They offer coverage of all UK horse races. The Tote offers a unique list of bets as well as some well-known options. While the bookmaker doesn't offer any other sports coverage, players looking for some variety can enjoy the online casino games.
- The provider gives a revenue percentage to charity
- Players can reach the customer service team via email, telephonically, live chat or FAQ
- Variety of slots, scratch cards, bingo and table games available
- Player payment options are limited to Visa and MasterCard for deposits and withdrawals
- Does not offer any betting options for sports other than horse racing
- No live betting options available
Since 1997, Unibet has had a single goal in mind - to help punters make more informed sports wagers. The founder, Anders Ström, understands the importance of knowledge and research in sports betting. That's why the team at Unibet are dedicated to not only providing the best betting opportunities but also sharing their extensive knowledge and tips. Unibet is part of the Kindred Group, a leading brand in the online gambling industry and is licensed with the UKGC and GGC. Players will find a variety of payment options to make transactions easier. Whatever your preferred gambling method, you'll find an option at Unibet.
- Excellent in-play and live streaming service available
- Highly impressive bonus and promotional offers
- Wide variety of sporting events and casino games as well as competitive betting types and odds
- The customer support team does not have a good track record
- No loyalty program available as a reward for existing players
- The website could do with some improvements
Founded by William Hill in 1934, the famous brand has grown immensely. Today, the sportsbook and online casino is one of the most notable names in the online and land-based gambling industry. The company is licenced with the UKGC and the GCC and operates in the eight largest gambling markets. The sportsbook reputation means that players can depend on excellent service and exciting experience. The customer support team is highly trained and dedicated to helping all players find a quick resolution to any queries or complaints. Of course, if you'd prefer finding a solution yourself, there is also a detailed FAQ section available.
- Dedicated mobile app available on Android and iOS devices
- A generous list of promotions, bonuses, enhancements and rewards available
- Reliable, knowledgeable customer support team available to help you
- Mobile access to live streaming is restricted
- Odds are not always the best around
- The site layout is outdated does not do much to excite players
Virgin Bet, operated by Virgin Bet Limited, is licenced and regulated by the UKGC and the GCC. The sportsbook is a trademark under the Virgin Enterprises Limited brand. As with any other service under the Virgin brand name, you can expect an unbeatable experience from this sportsbook. The team's passion for sports is evident in the extensive range of offerings available. Along with a wide range of betting markets and competitive odds, players will also find generous enhancements, bonuses and promotions. The customer service team has a clear understanding of the needs of their customers. If you ever need assistance resolving a query, the dedicated team is available to help you.
- The brand is well known and respected
- Site is compatible with the browser on a mobile device
- A plethora of betting options on sporting events
- Limited payment options available for payments and withdrawals
- An extensive list of restricted countries
- No loyalty program available for existing players
FAQ: all you need to know about Betting sites
Check out these questions other readers have asked.
What is the best betting site?
Any of the best online betting sites in the UK mentioned in our list or reviewed on this page rate highly. We consider security, value, promotions, betting sign up offers and customer service when compiling our reviews. You could place your trust in a traditional bookmaker with generations of experience or go for a new, fresh and ambitious firm.
How do I find a betting site that suits me?
Read our reviews, check out the current promotions and choose the betting site that best suits your needs as a punter. Then, it’s a simple case of clicking any link on this page to register for an account, secure the welcome bonus and start betting.
How do I get started with a betting site?
After choosing the betting site you believe is the best fit for you, it’s easy to get started. All you need to do is click a link to the site from this page, hit the join button and register. After that, make your first deposit, and bet to collect the welcome bonus.
Are betting sites trustworthy?
Each of the best online betting sites mentioned on this site boasts modern SSL technology and an encryption service that means your details are never seen by another person. This includes the staff. Your sensitive information will never be put at risk. This allows you to enjoy an online bet with confidence.
What to look for when opening a new bookmaker account?
There are many aspects that you need to consider when you’re opening up a new bookmaker account. Take the time to find out the following information for any of the 2020 new betting sites in particular.
- Minimum deposit requirements
- Payment methods
- Withdrawal time limits
- Competitive odds
- Range of markets
- New betting sites offers
Which betting sites should I avoid?
There are many great and reliable sports betting sites out there you can trust. They are not all as secure as each other, however. Stick to the providers mentioned here. If a site isn’t licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission, it’s best avoided.
Can betting sites ban you?
The best online betting sites are well within their rights to limit or close your account at any time. They could even ban you from joining in the first place. This is very rare, however, and usually only happens to punters looking to abuse the system. Honest bettors with a love for sports betting needn’t worry.
What are the advantages of new bookmakers?
So, why should you consider new bookmakers over their more established counterparts? There are many reasons why customers choose new sites, rather than the bigger names in the industry.
Firstly, new sites have to try extremely hard to attract customers away from their competitors. They’re eager to impress, so they have to offer something that very few of their competitors do.
This can come in the form of attractive new betting sites promotions, an excellent standard of customer service or offering odds and markets on different sports.
Secondly, signing up to new bookmakers, or established ones, means you can have greater freedom in your betting. There are many advantages that online betting has over betting at a retail site. These advantages include the following.
- The ability to place your bets no matter what time of day
- The option to take welcome bonuses, rarely available in the high street
- A much more in-depth menu of general promotions
- Place bets no matter where you are
- Find a bigger range of markets
Which is the best betting bonus?
Betting bonuses come in many different shapes and sizes. Each of the sites mentioned in this review offer competition-beating bonuses. These may come in the form of free bet offers, risk-free bet offers or matched bet offers. However, there’s also enhanced odds, extra places each-way and money-back offers.
What betting sites offer free bets?
Free bets offers come in different forms. The no deposit free bets offers are now extremely rare as they were abused by many when available. Now, bookmakers are happy to give free bets offers to customers proving themselves serious by making deposits and bets on the site. Each of the best online betting sites mentioned in this review offers a welcome bonus in the form of a free bet offer.