Up and Coming
No code needed
Sponsor Bournemouth FC
Easy to use site
Up and coming
Up and Coming
Cash Out Available
No promo code needed
Official Sponsor Poland National Team
No promo code needed
Betting Partner of Dundalk FC
No promo code needed
Weekly accumulator offer
Refunds for weekend goalless draws
Boosted odds offers
Fantastic Welcome Offer
Best known for casino
No promo code needed
Some of the best horse racing offers
Acca Boost & Odds Boosting Offers
ACCA Price Boost Offer
See Our Homepage for a Full List of Betting Sites
This list features newer betting sites. If you’re looking for a full list that features more established sites such as bet365, William Hill and others, then take a look at our selection of Best Betting Sites. Sometimes people want to open a new account to take advantage of a welcome offer, and try a new bookmaker. Sounds familiar? Then this list of new online betting sites will be of interest.
- How we selected the best new betting sites
- How to choose a new betting site for you
- What are the advantages of new bookmakers?
- How do new customer offers work?
- How to Protect Yourself When Joining a Newer Bookmaker
- How to Evaluate If a Welcome Offer Is Good
- Look Beyond the New Customer Offer, and See What Offers You Might Receive as an Existing Customer
- UK New Betting Sites in 2020 – FAQ
If you’re new to online betting, finding the best new betting sites might seem like a daunting task. To help you choose between the best new UK bookmakers, we’ve created this guide. What advantages are there of signing up to one of the new sites, rather than registering with an already established bookmaker? Let’s take a look at what you should consider with 2020 new betting sites.
How we selected the best new betting sites
For any new UK bookmakers, they face a tough challenge in attracting customers away from their more established and recognised competitors.
We developed our list of the best new sites in the UK by taking into account a number of key aspects. We compared the most important criteria so we can provide you with a balanced view on new UK betting sites.
What did we look for in particular? Specifically, we looked at which new UK bookmakers offered a good range of odds and markets on a variety of sports. We also considered payment options, ease of use, sign up requirements and the overall experience from a customer point of view.
We have put together a complete and comprehensive guide to new betting sites in the UK. While we offer an unbiased and objective view, you are free to choose whichever bookmaker you desire.
How to choose a new betting site for you
Let’s delve a little further into how to choose from the best new betting sites. As we’ve seen, there are a number of aspects that you should be considering before signing up to any new UK betting sites. We’ll look at these aspects in greater detail shortly. For now, familiarise yourself with these questions, these are what you should consider when deciding on new bookmakers.
- Are the odds available competitive?
- Are the sites trustworthy?
- How many betting markets are available?
- How many new betting sites offers are there for new customers?
- Are there any new betting sites promotions open for existing customers?
- Are there mobile betting opportunities?
- How many different payment options are there?
- Do operators have good customer support options?
- Does the betting platform offer an intuitive and easy way to bet?
When we conducted our research into new bookmakers, we tried to answer all of the questions listed above. The 2020 new betting sites that we recommend performed extremely well across all topics. Now, we have thoroughly considered all aspects to provide you with a comprehensive and authoritative guide. However, it’s important to note that while these are our recommendations, you’re free to choose any betting site you wish.
It’s important for any customer to be able to trust their bookie. Whether that’s in trusting them to offer you the best odds consistently, the biggest range of markets or to keep your personal information safe, trust is key.
Of course, with new operators, it’s difficult to gauge how trustworthy that bookmaker is. Many new customers rely on bookmaker reviews such as ours to give them a helping hand in making the right choice. Again, to reiterate, we’ve provided you with an unbiased and objective review of all new bookmakers. There are, though, certain things you can check to put your mind at rest.
Firstly, make sure whichever site you’re interested in is legal. All UK bookmakers have to provide information to prove they’re legal and regulated by the gambling commission. This information can be found on the home page of your chosen betting website.
It’s also important to ensure that your bookmaker of choice offers security for your personal and banking information. All of this information can be found in the Help or Legal tabs of your bookmaker.
Secondly, it’s possible to check the value of the odds and the range of markets of most bookmakers before you sign up. Most operators allow access to their site without the need to register. You can’t, of course, place any bets without signing up first, but by comparing the odds with those of other bookmakers will give you a good idea of how competitive the prices are.
The same applies to betting markets, too. Find a particular game or event and compare how many markets are available with those of other, more established bookmakers.
In addition to the above, always check the promotions pages of new UK betting sites. While a bookmaker might entice you by offering an attractive welcome bonus, new betting sites offers should be made available also.
Reliable betting sites
Another important aspect of new bookmakers is how reliable they are. This can cover a range of topics. Firstly, a betting experience can be ruined by a poor interface. Before you sign up to any 2020 new betting sites, take the time to peruse the pages. In particular, check for how many tabs you have to click on to get to the market of your choice, and how quickly separate pages load.
The best new sites have put a lot of effort into providing a seamless betting experience, which means, in essence, it’s quick and easy to place your bets.
Low risk online gambling sites
If you’re new to betting, there’s one extremely important issue to raise. Gambling is a risky business. There are no definites in betting, however convincing the odds might suggest. Any gambler, whether new or experienced, is likely to lose money. Be aware of this before you start betting.
So, what do we mean by low risk gambling? Protecting your bankroll is vital to long term, successful betting. Most new bookmakers now allow you to set yourself betting limits, so you can’t transfer additional funds after a selected amount.
Also, most sites accept a small amount as a stake. This means that although your winnings, if any, will be smaller, you’re not risking as much in the way of funds.
Reputable betting websites
Again, only sign up to new bookies who are regulated by the UK gambling commission. This helps protect your personal information and your bank details, as well as ensuring that you’re betting with a legal online site.
Betting companies with player friendly terms and conditions
All, both old and new UK bookmakers, provide a list of terms and conditions. These don’t just apply to old and new betting sites promotions, they are also in place when you sign up.
Online betting sites, particularly casinos, have got themselves in trouble in recent years for establishing t’s and c’s that are difficult to adhere to. The best betting sites focus on the player, making terms easy to meet, whether that’s in signing up or taking advantage of new betting sites offers.
What are the advantages of new bookmakers?
So, why should you consider new bookmakers over their more established counterparts? There are many reasons why customers choose new sites, rather than the bigger names in the industry.
Firstly, new sites have to try extremely hard to attract customers away from their competitors. They’re eager to impress, and so have to offer something that no, or few, other sites can.
This can come in the form of attractive new betting sites promotions, an excellent standard of customer service or offering odds and markets on different sports.
Secondly, signing up to new bookmakers, or established ones, means you can have greater freedom in your betting. There are many advantages that online betting has over betting at a retail site. These advantages include the following.
- The ability to place your bets no matter what time of day
- The option to take welcome bonuses, rarely available in the high street
- A much more in-depth menu of general promotions
- Place bets no matter where you are
- Find a bigger range of markets
How do new customer offers work?
Most online betting sites offer a range of promotions and bonus opportunities. Different offers are available for new customers, with a range of other promotions available for existing members.
There are a variety of new customer offers available, depending on who you’re signing up with. These welcome offers tend to fall into a category that we’ll talk about shortly.
New bookmakers make the terms and conditions of these offers easy to follow and understand. Generally, they require little in the way of deposit or stake.
Before you attempt to claim any welcome offer, be sure to read and understand all of the associated terms and conditions. If you don’t adhere to the terms set out, you could lose your chance to qualify for the new customer bonus.
While t’s and c’s vary from bookmaker to bookmaker and bonus to bonus, there are general rules, or points, to be aware of. The first thing to look out for is the qualifying stake or deposit. So, if an offer states ‘Bet £20 Get £20’, your first bet needs to be at a stake of at least £20 to claim your £20 bonus.
Second of all, there is a time limit on which you can claim your bonus after registration. There can also be a time limit attached to actually using your bonus too.
A promotion that has become more prevalent in the industry over the last 12 months or so is the offering of free spins for sportsbook customers. Bookmakers use this promotion as a way of attracting sports customers to their online casino. As such, they give a bonus to use in their sportsbook, and a separate bonus for the casino.
Let’s go into more detail about what types of new customer bonuses are available regularly. Remember, each individual offer will come with a set of terms and conditions. Make sure you read these before you sign up and deposit any funds.
Free bets and free spins
As we discussed previously, a relatively recent addition to new customer promotions is the free bets and free spins offer. This offer is used when bookmakers want to entice their sportsbook customers into joining their online casino too.
How do these offers work? An offer such as ‘Bet £30 Get £30 and 30 Free Spins’ is one such example. With this promotion, bet £30 in the sportsbook and you’ll receive £30 in free bets and 30 free spins in the casino.
Your £30 free bet might be offered as one stake, or in separate stakes up to that amount. Your free spins usually can only be spent on selected slots or games.
You’re likely to see plenty of deposit bonuses available from a variety of online bookmakers. With this type of promotion, you don’t need to place a bet. Instead, your bonus is awarded once you’ve made your first deposit.
Note, though, that these offers are usually non-withdrawable. That is, the bonus derived from your initial deposit must be used in the sportsbook.
Matched bonuses can reward you with an attractive bonus, too. A typical matched bonus offer would be ‘100% deposit match up to £50’ or ‘50% deposit match up to £200’.
With the first example, this offer will give you 100% of your initial deposit, up to a total of £50. So, if you deposit £50, you’ll get a £50 bonus, deposit £30 and get a £30 bonus and so on.
As for the second example, you’ll get half of the amount of your deposit as a bonus. In this example, to get the full £200 bonus, you need to deposit £400. Or, if you deposit £50, you’ll get a £25 bonus.
No deposit bonus
No deposit bonus opportunities are less common than those stated above. These promotions tend to be focused on casino betting. Nevertheless, they can be available for sportsbook customers, too.
With this promotion, you don’t need to part with any funds to claim your bonus. Instead, all that is required is a successful registration.
Risk free betting
Risk free bonuses have become more popular in the UK online betting scene. They tend to be offered on specific events, for example a particular Premier League game.
This offer works by giving you your stake back on your first bet should it lose. So, place a £10 bet on the selected event. If you win, you get your stake back plus any associated winnings. If you lose, you’ll get your stake back in full.
The popularity of mobile betting has increased dramatically in recent years. Many online bettors now choose to place their bets via their mobile device, instead of using their desktop.
Most UK bookmakers offer a dedicated mobile betting app. Those that don’t still allow full access to their online site using a mobile browser.
As an incentive to download their betting app, a bookmaker could offer a mobile-only bonus. On occasion, you can qualify for both the mobile bonus as well as the standard sign up bonus.
How to Protect Yourself When Joining a Newer Bookmaker
Of course, new betting sites are less known than their more established counterparts. It can be challenging to distinguish between those bookmakers which are genuine and those who should be avoided.
We will only ever feature legitimate bookmakers that provide safety and security for your money. The operators that feature on our site have been checked thoroughly. If you’re in any doubt about the trustworthiness of ones that we don’t feature, here are some checks that we’d recommend you undertake:
- Check Their License – All new betting sites require to be licensed. We’d recommend sticking to betting sites that hold a gambling license. It is a legal requirement that this is made available easily on websites to players. If you’re still unsure, it is possible to validate their license with this tool from the UK gambling commission.
- Check They Have a Physical Address – Having an address on the website should give assurance that it is a legitimate site. Check that the address provided is real. Bookmakers that change hands and have gone rogue in the past have made it almost impossible to track and escalate issues by not having an address on the website. The majority are not based in the UK (Malta is common, along with Gibraltar) so don’t be put off if they’re not based in the UK.
- Be Wary of Obscure Deposit Methods – Traditional deposit methods are more trustworthy. Some online betting sites that accept Bitcoin make the case that they’re exempt from regulation and licensing requirements because it’s not a currency. Be sceptical with such claims. We would trust PayPal among some of the newer depositing methods.
- Read Reviews – This may sound obvious, but you can quickly get a feel of other players’ experience by reading their comments. Be mindful that players will be considerably more likely to leave a negative review rather than a positive one. Even with the big trusted bookmakers, Trust Pilot scores are low. There are other ways to see how trustworthy they might be. See what their current sports sponsorships are.
- Does it Seem Too Good to Be True? If someone contacts you out of the blue claiming you have a won a prize that you don’t remember entering, or if a casino is offering a massive bonus requiring no deposit, then probably it is not a legitimate website. Not much comes for free, and this is true for online gambling as much as anything in life. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
How to Evaluate If a Welcome Offer Is Good
You will be wanting to get the biggest bonus possible, and the ability to unlock it as easily. It’s essential to check the ease of qualifying critera before you attempt to take advantage of any offer.
Each welcome offer varies a little, but generally, there are two types of offer available:
Typical Offer 1) Bet a certain amount to receive a free bet
Typical Offer 2) Get a free bet bonus equal to your first deposit
The first type is easier to understand. In our table currently, there is an offer where you can get a £10 free when you bet £10. There will be certain qualifying conditions. The qualifying bet will have minimum odds. If these didn’t exist, you could bet on a (seemingly) dead certain event, and unlock a free bet with no risk. The minimum odds are usually 2.00 (evens).
This is a simple welcome offer that is easy to unlock. The drawback is that the potential bonus you will get is relatively small. In this instance, it is just £10.
The second type of welcome offer has the potential for bigger bonuses. There are a couple of new sports betting sites in our table above that will match your first deposit. Here are the main things to look out for when evaluating bonuses.
- Percentage Matched – Each bookmaker will match your first bet or deposit. Some will 100% match what you put in, for example if you deposit £100 they will give you a £100 bonus. Some may 50% match it, i.e. if you deposit £100 then they will give you £50.
- Wagering Requirements – You will need to bet your initial deposit a required amount before your bonus is unlocked, can be used and/or is withdrawable.
- Qualifying Odds – When you know what your wagering requirements are, you’ll also need to know what the minimum odds are for qualifying bets. As we previously covered, you can’t bet on Liverpool to win in the 90th minute when they’re already 3-0 up. This is (almost) a dead certain so isn’t deemed a qualifying bet. Minimum odds are always stated at the start of the terms and conditions of the offer.
- Qualifying Sports/ Games – This might be more relevant to those wanting to bet on casino, but not all markets you can bet on will contribute to unlocking your bonus. For sports, most offers are based on the Win or Match Result market.
New betting sites don’t change their welcome offers very much, so there is no point in holding out for a better offer. On average, they probably change every three to six months, and even then they are minor changes. Some betting sites never change their welcome offer, so analyse what’s available right now.
Look Beyond the New Customer Offer, and See What Offers You Might Receive as an Existing Customer
Yes, the new account offers can be fantastic, but if you’re planning to stick with a betting site for the longer term, then it’s worth being aware of what types of offers you’ll receive as an existing customer.
To show what you might expect, we’ve picked out a few of the bookmakers in the table and highlighted what they have done for existing customers.
- SportNation – SportNation have a different model which allows you to earn points. This is offered on all bets and you can redeem them against a variety of options, including free bets. More about this can be found on the SportNation promo codes page.
- MansionBet – MansionBet have daily horse racing money specials. For the Premier League, you can receive money back as a free bet on select markets when a player scores 2+ goals. More about this can be found on the MansionBet promo codes page.
- 10Bet – 10Bet have an all-season offer for bets on Juventus, due to their sponsorship of the Italian team. More information can be found on the 10Bet promo codes page.
UK New Betting Sites in 2020 – FAQ
When you’re looking to sign up to new operators, there are a variety of questions you might have. We’ve endeavored to answer these as clearly as possible in this guide. For a summary of what to consider when signing up to new bookmakers, take a glance at the Frequently Asked Questions section below.
What to look for when opening a new bookmaker account?
There are many aspects that you need to consider when you’re opening up a new bookmaker account. Take the time to find out the following information for any of the 2020 new betting sites in particular.
- Minimum deposit requirements
- Payment methods
- Withdrawal time limits
- Competitive odds
- Range of markets
- New betting sites offers
How long does it take to open a new betting account?
Signing up to any new bookmakers should only take a few minutes of your time. You will need to enter your personal details into the sign up form. This includes, but not restricted to, your full name, address, date of birth and telephone number.
It’s vital that you check all information that you provide is valid. 2020 new betting sites are all required to adhere to the Know Your Customer scheme. This means, in short, they have to check that you are who you say you are.
On occasion, new bookmakers will ask you to confirm your identity by providing additional documentation. This could be a copy of a bank statement or passport. If you are asked to provide this information, you will be unable to place bets until your identity has been verified.
In addition, if you’re looking to take advantage of new betting sites promotions as a new customer, ensure that you enter a promo code if required. This information will be given in the terms and conditions of the offer.
Which are the biggest bookmakers?
Some of the world’s most prestigious and established bookmakers have been founded in the UK. Historically, bookmakers such as William Hill and Ladbrokes, both of whom still maintain a high street presence, would be considered as two of the biggest bookmakers.
There is a wide variety of bookmakers who offer an online service as well as a retail site. In addition to Ladbrokes and William Hill, Betfred, Coral and Paddy Power still have a high street location to supplement their online offerings. There are other companies who also offer this service.
Over the last decade, the number of online only bookmakers has steadily increased. There is no shortage of choice when it comes to deciding on new UK betting sites.
Which new bookmakers are good?
The best new UK bookmakers offer a wide range of sports and markets to bet on. They also make it easy to deposit, withdraw and place bets. Choose from the new UK betting sites that offer you exactly what you’re looking for.