Read our preview of the Champions League to find out who bookmakers think will win the tournament, and what betting offers for existing customers are available.
We’re now at the semi-final stage, and although the English teams performed well this year, Liverpool are the only team to progress to the semi-finals.
Liverpool put aside Roma with an excellent 5-2 win in the first leg. Conceding two away goals has offered Roma a glimmer of hope. An early Roma goal could make it a nervy affair, but they will be reluctant to leave any space open at the back with Salah in the Liverpool team. Roma will have to come out and play, and in doing so, will create opportunities for Liverpool to score. Attack is the probable best form of defence for this game, and Klopp will pick a team to continue where they left off in the first leg.
Real Madrid are the defending champions, having last year retained the title beating Juventus 4-1 in the final. Two goals from Cristiano Ronaldo provided a familiar ending. Having won it the previous two years, it is no surprise that they’re favourites to win it again for this campaign.
Champions League Betting Offers
There are loads of offers for the Champions League, and often new ones appear. See our football offers page for the latest ones, and we’ll continue to update this page each week.
- Real Madrid vs Liverpool (Sat 26th May)
- Paddy Power is paying money back as a Free Bet on losing bets if Salah scores during the normal 90 minutes of play.
- Place a £5 or higher ‘BetYourWay’ bet and Betway will give you a £10 free bet. The qualifying bet must be at odds of 2.00 or great
- Double winnings on all markets if either team hit the crossbar with Boylesports. Extra winnings will be paid as a free bet. There is a maximum stake of £25 per customer, and the maximum free bet that can be awarded is £500.
- Get a £5 free bet for the World Cup when you bet £10 on the Champions League final with William Hill.
- Place a £5 or higher ‘BetYourWay’ bet and Betway will give you a £5 free bet. The qualifying bet must be at odds 2.00 or greater.
- Get paid out as a winner if your team goes two goals up – This offer is from Paddy Power and is available for all games. If your team goes 2 goals up, Paddy Power will pay you out as a winner straight away. There have been some great historic comebacks in this competition, including Liverpool in Istanbul so nothing is a given here.
- Accumulators on your champions league bets – We’ve written up an entire article on where it is best to place your accumulator bet so we’d recommend heading over here to check them all out.
Champions League Outright Winner Odds
Real Madrid started the campaign as favourites, and remain so. Liverpool are priced 2.50, similar to Real Madrid though. Put simply, bookmakers think Liverpool have a very realistic chance of winning the Champions League, and there is not much between them and Real Madrid. The odds here are supplied by Bet 365, are accurate at the time of publishing and are subject to change.
Bayern Munich and Roma are priced much longer. With their deficits entering the second round, bookmakers think it’ll be unlikely they will progress.
- Real Madrid – 2.10
- Liverpool – 2.50
- Bayern Munich – 7.50
- Roma – 34.00
When you compare the odds now to back prior to the group stages, you can see Liverpool have really surprised everyone. English teams have struggled a lot in this competition in recent years, but Liverpool have defied the bookmakers and now represent very realistic potential winners.
- Real Madrid – 5.50
- Barcelona – 6.50
- Bayern Munich – 7.50
- Paris St Germain – 7.50
- Man City – 11.00
- Juventus – 13.00
- Man Utd – 15.00
- Athletico Madrid – 17.00
- Chelsea -17.00
- Liverpool – 20.00
How to Watch the Champions League Live on TV
BT Sports hold the broadcasting rights in the UK.
However, as part of the deal, BT Sport will make the final available free to watch, including on the BT Sports website, and via their app. The final is broadcasted on Saturday 26th May.