The 2017/18 season starts on the 11th August and is scheduled to finish on the 13th May 2018.
Football is the most popular sport to bet on in the UK, and at the same time, the Premier League is one of the most unpredictable leagues. At the beginning of the season that Leicester won, it was possible to back them at 5000/1. Very few would have seen that coming, and even those who did back it would still be deemed mad.
Furthermore, not many would have predicted that Burnley (a team who are tipped to be relegated this season and who managed only one away win last season) would beat the defending champions Chelsea on the opening weekend.
With so many people betting on the Premier League, we crafted this article to help ensure people know where to bet, and where to get the most value. Picking the right place might just earn you a free bet, or even double your winnings. Heck, it could even win you £250,000.
Premier League Free Bets
The full list of new customer offers are available on the right for desktop users (and above this article on mobile). However, we have five that are offering great welcome offers for betting on the Premier League:
2017/18 Premier League Betting Offers
Do take a look at our football betting offers page as it is updated daily with all of the special offers particular games, plus all of below. Here we cover the ‘always on’ offers. These are the offers that you can use throughout the entire football season. Note that it doesn’t include accumulators. We have an entire additional section below.
- Get paid out as a winner if your team goes 2 goes up (Paddy Power) – For all Premier League games, Paddy Power will pay you as a winner straight away if your team goes 2 goals up at any stage during a game.
- Get 15% winnings bonus if there is 4 or more goals (William Hill) – For televised Premier League games, and select other matches, if there are four or more goals in the game then you’ll earn a n extra 15% bonus on your winnings.
- Get a profit boost when you bet more than 5 times in a weekend (888 sport) – 888sport will award you profit boost tokens when you make the qualifying amount of bets. Each individual qualifying bet needs to be £10. This one is a bit complex so visit our football page linked above for full levels of bonus.
- Get money back if your first goal scorer doesn’t get the first, but does get the second (NetBet) – Available for all televised Premier League games. Back a player to get the first goal of the game, and if they don’t, but do get the second, NetBet will refund your losing stake as a free bet up to £25.
- Extra winnings if your first goal scorer gets a second or third goal (Betfred) – For all Premier League games, If your player scores the first goal of the match, then goes on to score another, Betfred will double your first goalscorer price. If the player then goes on to score a hat-trick, Betfred will then treble the odds.
- Double winnings when either team hit the crossbar (Boylesports) – For select games each week, if either side hit the crossbar, Boylesports will double the winnings on all markets. The extra winnings will be paid as a free bet. Note, that when the crossbar is struck, the ball must come back into play for the offer to be activated.
- Free £2 scorecast when you bet £5 on first goalscorer & £5 on correct score (Boylesports) – For select games each week, Back a first goal scorer and correct score, each with a stake of £5 and Boylesports will award you a £2 free bet which will automatically be placed on a scorecast based on your selections.
- Free £10 bet every week when you bet £25 (Betway) – Betway also have a loyalty program that rewards you with £10 each week.
- Free £10 bet every week when you bet £50 (Paddy Power ) – Finally Paddy Power have their ‘VIPP’ program which awards you £10 each week.
Best Premier League Accumulator Offers
Football accumulators represent one of the most popular ways to bet on the Premier League. It makes a difference where you place your bets, because some betting sites will offer you insurance (i.e. if one selection doesn’t come in, you will get your money back) and others will offer a bonus (get extra winnings based on the number of selections).
- The best bookmaker for bonuses is currently Bet 365. The bonus starts from 5% and scales all the way up to 100% based on the number of selections.
- The best for insurance is currently Paddy Power. Almost all of the bookmakers require five selections for insurance, but Paddy Power have the highest refund at £50.
Each bookmaker generally has their own bonus or insurance offer, with slight variations. My Betting Sites as gone through all bookmakers and compared their accumulator offers. For our detailed blog post, see our dedicated football accumulator article.
Ways to Bet on the Premier League for Free
Yes it is possible. There are three competitions which do not require paid entry. They’re Bet Victor’s Golden Goal, and Betway’s 4 to score.
- Golden Goal – Predict the first goal scorer of a given game and the minute the goal is scored.
- 4 to Score – Each week, pick the team to score first within each the following leagues; Premier League, Championship, League One and League Two.
We’ve rounded up the full details of these competitions in this loyalty scheme/ competition blog post.
Odds to Win 2017/18 Premier League
Last year Chelsea won the Premier League, but who will this year? Here are the odds for the outright winner on the 16th August. We have included the top 6 six sides, and the odds are provided by Bet 365.
|Team||Odds to win 2017/18 Premier League|
Favourites to be Relegated from the Premier League
At the other end of the table, a popular betting market is to back teams to get relegated. There are quite a few candidates this year and often a surprise team goes down. Here are the odds for the outright winner on the 16th August. We have included the top 6 six sides, and the odds are provided by Bet 365.
|Team||Odds to win 2017/18 Premier League|