The Aintree Grand National is one of the biggest betting events in the world – therefore, it’s no surprise that in the build-up to the world’s greatest steeplechase there are bundles of Grand National betting offers to take advantage. These Grand National free bet offers, and promotions will become more popular with bookmakers in the build-up to the race – the 2020 Aintree Grand National will be run on Saturday 4th April.
2020 Grand National Betting Offers – For New Customers
We’ve hand-picked five great Cheltenham sign up offers and Cheltenham betting promotions that are great for the event. They are in the table below:
Terms and Conditions 18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £10 a odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £30 credited as 3 x £10 free bets. Not valid with CashOut. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned.
Terms and Conditions New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Minimum deposit £10. Place any sportsbook bet (except Racing) of £20+ at minimum odds of 1.40 (2/5) to receive your free bets and casino bonus. 35x wagering on casino bonus. Free bet will expire 7 days after opt in. £20 Casino bonus will expire after 30 days of opt-in.
Looking for more new customer offers? Take a look at our homepage which lists the best betting sites
- 2020 Grand National Betting Offers - For New Customers
- Our Top Selection of Grand National Betting Offers 2020
- Grand National Free Bet Sign-up Offers
- Grand National 2020 Odds and Betting Promotions
- Bookmaker Grand National Offers
- Grand National Sign Up Offers
- Existing Customers Can Also Take Advantage of Grand National Betting Offers
- Grand National Betting Sites
- Top Grand National Free bets Offers
- Last years coverage of the Grand National
- FAQ - What Do I Need To Know When Betting On The Grand National?
Our Top Selection of Grand National Betting Offers 2020
Paddy Power – Risk Free £/€20 for new customers
Visit Paddy Power New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using Cards or Paypal will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy’s Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. T&Cs apply.
Coral – Bet £10, Get £30 in free bets
Visit Coral 18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £10 a odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £30 credited as 3 x £10 free bets. Not valid with CashOut. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned.
Betvictor – Bet £5 get £30
Visit Betvictor New Customers only. Deposit and place a £5 qualifying bet at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 2x £10 Free Sports Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater, expires in 7 days, plus a £10 Casino Bonus, expires in 7 days. Wager the Casino Bonus 35x to withdraw winnings. Credit/Debit card deposits only. Geographical Restrictions and T&Cs Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly
Betway – Get up to £30 in free bets (new customer offer)
Visit Betway 1.New Customers Only. 2. Min Deposit: £/€10. 3.1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bet. 4.Credit Card, Debit Card & PayPal deposits only 5.Additional Terms Apply
Betfair – Get £20 free bets (Cheltenham free bet)
Visit Betfair New customers only, bet up to £/€20 on the Exchange and if your first bet loses, we’ll refund you £/€20 in Cash. Bet must be placed in first 7 days of account opening. T&Cs apply. Best odds on certain markets for Premier League football, cricket, tennis, golf, horse racing and Greyhounds during specified timeframes. Prices compared against leading UK bookmakers and excludes enhanced prices and specials. Verification of ‘win bigger’ at promos.betfair.com
888Sport – Up to £100 bonus (Cheltenham betting promotion)
Visit 888Sport New Customers only. £10 min deposit. The bonus will be applied once the full deposit amount has been wagered at least once with cumulative odds of 1.5 or greater. Wagering must be cleared within 60 days. This offer may not be combined with any other offer. Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. General deposit method & withdrawal restrictions apply & full T&C’s apply.
Ladbrokes – Bet £10 get £30 in free bets
Visit Ladbrokes 18+. UK+IRE only. Promo code ‘G30’ required. Min first bet £10. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £30 credited as 3 x £10 free bets. Not valid with CashOut. Free bet valid for 7 days.T&Cs Apply.
William Hill – Bet £10, get £30 in free bets
Visit William HillNew customers using Promo Code P30 only, min £10 stake, min odds ½, free bets paid as 2x £15 (30 days expiry), free bet/payment method/player/country restrictions apply.
Grand National Free Bet Sign-up Offers
With some of the leading bookmakers taking down their Grand National free bet sign-up offers in the days before the race, then a useful hint is to take advantage of these Grand National betting offers well before the race is run. The reason a lot of the main Grand National sign-up offers are removed in the build-up to the race is to deter the ‘once-a-year’ customers from just joining and exploiting these Grand National betting offers and then lot placing anymore bets with them. The good news is there are ways around this. Most of the leading bookmakers – like Bet365, Ladbrokes, William Hill, Paddy Power, SkyBet and Coral – will offer new customers a free bet sign-up offer – for much of the year, so instead of waiting until just before the race to join, make sure you sign-up a few weeks (or months) prior to the Grand National. Even though you are joining weeks before the Grand National, with Grand National ante-post betting you can still place any qualifying free bets on the race this way, or if the sign-up free bet is valid long enough, then you might be able to wait until the race day. It’s always best to read the bookmaker terms and conditions attached to any new sign-up offers. But most bookmakers will entice new customers with free matched bets once joining – for example, bet £30 and then receive a free £30 bet. It’s always best to shop around and there are many bookmaker Grand National betting sites that will showcase these free sign-up bets.
Grand National 2020 Odds and Betting Promotions
Our homepage has a full list of betting sites if you want to see the others. Odds as of February 17 2020
|Walk In The Mill||14/1||16/1||16/1|
|Magic Of Light||20/1||14/1||16/1|
|Any Second Now||20/1||25/1||25/1|
All Odds are subject to change
Bookmaker Grand National Offers
Here is a list of our selection of the top Grand National offers :
Grand National Sign Up Offers
|Bookmaker||New customers offers||Claim offer|
|Betfred||Welcome Offer – Bet £10 Get £30||Visit Betfred|
Risk Free £/€20 for new customers – Money Back as cash if your first bet loses.
|Visit Paddy Power|
|Coral||Bet £10, Get £30 in free bets||Visit Coral|
|BetVictor||Bet £5 get £30||Visit Betvictor|
|BoyleSports||Get up to £25 in free bets||Visit Boylesports|
|Betway||Get up to £30 in free bets (new customer offer)||Visit Betway|
|Betfair||Get a £20 free bets||Visit Betfair|
|888sports||Up to £100 bonus||Visit 888Sport|
|10bet||100% bonus up to £50||Visit 10Bet|
|Ladbrokes||Bet £10 get £30 in free bets||Visit Ladbrokes|
|William Hill||Bet £10, get £30 in free bets||Visit William Hill|
Terms & Conditions :
- Betfred – Visit BetfredNew UK & NI customers only. 18+. Sign up using promo code ‘SPORTS60’. Deposit & place first sports bet at a minimum of £10 in one bet transaction at evens (2.0) +. £30 paid in free bets within 48 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. E-Wallet & Prepaid Card restrictions apply. Your first bet must be settled within 60 days of bet placement. SMS validation may be required. Game restrictions apply. Maximum 30 Free Spins on selected games. Free Spins expire after 7 days. Full T&Cs apply.
- Paddy Power – Visit Paddy Power New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using Cards or Paypal will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy’s Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. T&Cs apply.
- Coral – Visit Coral 18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £10 a odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £30 credited as 3 x £10 free bets. Not valid with CashOut. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned.
- Betvictor – Visit Betvictor New Customers only. Deposit and place a £5 qualifying bet at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 2x £10 Free Sports Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater, expires in 7 days, plus a £10 Casino Bonus, expires in 7 days. Wager the Casino Bonus 35x to withdraw winnings. Credit/Debit card deposits only. Geographical Restrictions and T&Cs Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly
- BoyleSports – Visit Boylesports Cash stakes only. Min £10 stake required for initial £5 free bet. Min odds ½. Max £25 in free bets. Subsequent free bets equal 50% average of each 3 qualifying bets. 13 bets required to receive full £25 free bet. Qualifying bet must be placed within 30 days of opening account. Full bet expires after 7 days. Payment method restrictions apply.
- Unibet – Visit Unibet New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Minimum deposit £10. Place any sportsbook bet (except Racing) of £20+ at minimum odds of 1.40 (2/5) to receive your free bets and casino bonus. 35x wagering on casino bonus. Free bet will expire 7 days after opt-in. £20 Casino bonus will expire after 30 days of opt-in.
- Betway – Visit Betway 1.New Customers Only. 2. Min Deposit: £/€10. 3.1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bet. 4.Credit Card, Debit Card & PayPal deposits only 5.Additional Terms Apply
- Betfair – Visit Betfair New customers only, bet up to £/€20 on the Exchange and if your first bet loses, we’ll refund you £/€20 in Cash. Bet must be placed in first 7 days of account opening. T&Cs apply. Best odds on certain markets for Premier League football, cricket, tennis, golf, horse racing and Greyhounds during specified timeframes. Prices compared against leading UK bookmakers and excludes enhanced prices and specials. Verification of ‘win bigger’ at promos.betfair.com
- 888Sport – Visit 888Sport New Customers only. £10 min deposit. The bonus will be applied once the full deposit amount has been wagered at least once with cumulative odds of 1.5 or greater. Wagering must be cleared within 60 days. This offer may not be combined with any other offer. Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. General deposit method & withdrawal restrictions apply & full T&C’s apply.
- 10Bet – Visit 10BetNew Customers only; Min. deposit £15 (no Skrill/Neteller); Bonus amount is 50% of deposit up to £50; Offer can be claimed once per household; Wager the qualifying deposit and bonus amount 8x within 30 days to convert bonus winnings into real money; Wagers must be on min. odds of 4/5 on singles or acca bets with min. odds of 2/5 per selection to qualify; Max. stake contribution to wagering requirement is the value of your bonus; Certain bet types are excluded; See full terms; Terms apply; 18+
- Ladbrokes – Visit Ladbrokes 18+. UK+IRE only. Promo code ‘G30’ required. Min first bet £10. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £30 credited as 3 x £10 free bets. Not valid with CashOut. Free bet valid for 7 days.T&Cs Apply.
- William Hill – Visit William HillNew customers using Promo Code P30 only, min £10 stake, min odds ½, free bets paid as 2x £15 (30 days expiry), free bet/payment method/player/country restrictions apply.
Existing Customers Can Also Take Advantage of Grand National Betting Offers
Grand National Best Odds Guaranteed Offer
Many of the leading bookmakers – like Bet365, Coral, William Hill and Ladbrokes – will offer their customers something called ‘best odds guaranteed’. The term ‘Best Odds Guaranteed’ means that if you place a bet at a certain price before the race and that price drifts out (gets bigger), then you will be paid out at that bigger price. Again, it’s best to always check the terms and conditions for each bookmaker as some will have time restraints on when their best odds guaranteed offer kicks in each day. For example, some bookmakers will only accept a best odds guarantee return on bets placed after 9am. The best odds guarantee offer is also great news for punters looking for Grand National betting promotions as this will apply to new and existing customers. However, the best odds guaranteed Grand National offers will only apply to bets placed on the day of the race (Saturday 4th April 2020) and not ante-post Grand National bets (unless stated by the bookmaker). Still a great Grand National betting promotion with the Best Odds Guaranteed offer action as a safety net. Once the final Grand National runners are announced (2 days before), there will be a lot more activity surrounding the Grand National odds. Many Grand National betting sites will showcase the best Grand National prices. However, if you wait and place your Grand National bets on the day of the race, then – should your fancy drift out in price – and providing your bookmaker has the ‘Best Odds Guaranteed’ offer in place, you will have a safety net to be paid out at the bigger price. For example: Back Tiger Roll at Grand National betting odds of 6/1 (on morning of the day of the race), then should Tiger Roll win the race at a Starting Price of 8/1, you will be paid out at 8/1 (and not 6/1). Meaning a two-point gain for doing nothing.
Grand National Betting Offer – Non-Runner, No Bet
In the weeks and days leading up to the Aintree Grand National many leading bookmakers will also offer ‘Non-Runner, No Bet’ on any bets placed in their ante-post Grand National markets. Again, be sure to check each bookmaker Grand National betting site before placing ante-post bets to make sure they have a ‘Non-Runner, No Bet’ Grand National betting offer in place. For those that don’t know, betting ante-post on the Grand National means placing a bet on a horse in the weeks or months before it’s due to be run. The advantages here are that the Grand National odds for many of the horses will generally be bigger the furthest the race is away. Grand National punters will look to take advantage of any inflated Grand National odds in the months before the race – hoping that come the day, the price is a lot lower. However, betting ante-post on the Grand National can be a risky business. The Grand National odds don’t always shorten, and you could be left having placed a Grand National bet on a horse at 10/1 and on the day it’s on offer via various Grand National betting sites at 20/1. The other danger with Grand National odds in the ante-post markets is that your horse might not even run. It could get injured, not be aimed at the race or just not make it into the final 40 runners. Ante-post rules – unless bets are placed with a bookmaker offering ‘Non-runner, no bet’ then any non-runners or horses that fail to run in the race will be bets are LOST. Each year there are 100’s of horses that try and get into the Grand National, but only the 40 top-rated Grand National runners will make the final line-up. Meaning you could be sitting on an ante-post Grand National bet on a horse that might not even run. A losing bet before the race has even run. Normal Grand National ante-post odds are put on bookmaker Grand National betting sites straight after that year’s race has been run. So, as soon as the 2020 Aintree Grand National is over, there will be a lot of bookmakers showing Grand National odds for 2021, based on that year’s result.
Grand National – ‘Non-Runner, No Bet’ Helps With Ante-Post Betting
The good news is that normally in the few weeks and days leading up to the Grand National, most of the main bookmakers will offer ‘Non-runner, No bet’ on any Grand National bets placed in their ante-post market. This means that should your horse NOT run or make the final 40 Grand National runners, your bet will be refunded. This gives punters an added safety-net when placing any Grand National bets nearer to the race, plus once the final Grand National odds and runners are announced, any non-runners from there will also be refunded. The only small downside once the ‘Non-runner, No bet’ Grand National betting promotions come out is that some bookmakers will slightly reduce their Grand National odds to compensate having this Grand National betting promotion in place.
Grand National Enhanced Betting Odds
To attract further customers, another popular Grand National betting offer to look for is Grand National odds boosts. You can normally expect to see enhanced odds Grand National betting promotions in the days leading up to the race, plus a lot more on the actual day of the Grand National. Sometimes, leading bookmakers will have special Grand National odds boost times, or happy hours – during these times they might offer bigger Grand National odds on certain runners to attract more custom.
Grand National Extra Place Betting Promotions
Another popular Grand National betting offer that bookmakers will have in place is to increase the standard place terms. The industry standard each-way terms for handicap horse races in the UK with 16+ runners are 1-2-3-4 places at ¼ the odds. However, with the Grand National having 40 runners, it’s common place for many bookmakers to increase these place terms to horses that finish further down the field. For example, many bookmakers will offer each-way Grand National betting terms down to horses that finish 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th or even 10th! Shop around the main Grand National betting sites to find the best place terms and conditions as these will vary from ‘bookmaker-to-bookmaker’. On face value, this is an attractive Grand National offer. However, sometimes, the downside with enhanced placed Grand National betting offers is that the Grand National odds sometimes get slightly reduced and might not always be the best prices on offer. This is to compensate that if a bookmaker is happy to pay out on horses that finish in the top 8, then will naturally be having to pay out more returns to more winning customers – reducing their Grand National odds before the race will reduce their liabilities.
Grand National Faller Insurance Offer
Another popular Grand National free bet offer is for bookmakers to refund (up to a set stake) any fallers, horses brought down or jockey unseats in the race. Looking back at the 2019 Grand National there were seven horses that either fell (18%), unseated their jockey or were brought down – meaning any punters that had this ‘faller insurance’ Grand National betting offer in place would have had some (or all) of their stakes either refunded or a free bet placed on their accounts. Like any Grand National betting offer, it’s best to check the terms and conditions as the faller refund Grand National can often be capped at a certain stake – then only up to this set stake will be refunded or given back as a free bet. With 30 tricky Grand National fences to jump then you will invariably see horses that fall, unseat their jockey or even get brought down by other horses. Therefore, this ‘faller insurance’ Grand National betting offer is a great way to ease the disappointment should your horse be unlucky in the race.
Grand National Betting Sites
To summarise, with the Grand National being one of the biggest horse races in the world and there being more and more bookmakers than ever, then there are many Grand National betting offers to take into account before placing any bets. New customers can take advantage of free bet sign up offers in the build-up to the race – but don’t forget to do these in the weeks and months before the Grand National and not on the day of the race with many bookmakers withdrawing this Grand National betting offer. Existing customers can also cash-in on many Grand National betting promotions that will be on offer as the race date (4th April) draws nearer. Look out for enhanced Grand National betting odds, extra Grand National each-way place terms, Grand National faller insurance offers, Grand National best odds guaranteed prices and non-runner, no bet concessions in the Grand National ante-post market.
|Bookie||Review||Visit the site|
|Betfair||Great Odds & Cash Out feature||Visit Betfair|
|Ladbrokes||Always outstanding promotions||Visit Ladbrokes|
|Coral||Reliable bookmaker for all||Visit Coral|
|888Sport||Always great odds & support||Visit 888Sport|
|Unibet||Fantastic supply of odds||Visit Unibet|
|10bet||Newcomer with Competitive Odds||Visit 10bet|
|Betvictor||User-Friendly interface||Visit Betvictor|
|Sport Nation||Great Loyalty program||Visit Sportnation|
|Mansion Bet||Original betting offers||Visit Mansion Bet|
|Betway||All-round, great bookie||Visit Betway|
Top Grand National Free bets Offers
Ladbrokes: Up to £20 Free Bet – Visit the site
William Hill: 3 x £10 Free Bet – Visit the site
Unibet: £40 Free Bet Free Bets – Visit the site
Mansion Bet: Up to £50 Bonus – Visit the site
bet365: see the offer – Visit the site
Last years coverage of the Grand National
This is our fourth consecutive year of live blogging offers. Now it’s Saturday, we don’t foresee any further changes. This article is broken down into the following sections.
Grand National Offers for Existing Customers (expired)
Here is the final list of what is available for existing customers. There are offers from bet365, Boylesports, Betway, Betfair and Winner.
- Get Half of Your Stake Back When You Bet Each Way
- For the latest new customer offer, see the bet365 bonus code page
In our opinion, this is hands down the best offer available today. This Grand National Money Back Offer is only available to eligible bet365 customers who opened their account before 23:59:59 UK Time on Wednesday 3rd April 2019. Get half your stake back when you place your Each Way bets (up to £125*). This applies to bets placed on the Win and Each Way Fixed Odds, Enhanced Place Terms and Each Way Extra markets between 00:00:01 UK Time on Thursday 4th April 2019 and 11:59:59 UK Time on Saturday 6th April 2019 only. Bets placed outside of these times will not qualify. This offer can be claimed on multiple selections on the Grand National for bets placed Each Way up to a maximum total refund of £125*. *or currency equivalent. Bet restrictions and T&Cs apply. Eligible customers only.
- Money Back If Your Horse Finishes 2nd to Tiger Roll
Tiger Roll is the favourite to win today. While he is the most likely horse to win out of the pack, his odds are really short. Those who have him in the sweepstake will be delighted, but those betting with their money will probably want something priced bigger. If you fancy one of the longer priced horses, then Boylesports could be a great option for you. They’ll give you money back as a free bet if your horse finishes 2nd to Tiger Roll. You need to opt-in first, and the maximum refund you can get is £20. It will be paid as a free bet. Plus Boylesports still have their welcome offer live.
- Paying 7 Places on the Grand National
Yes, we have a separate section later for who is paying the most places on the Grand National, but because it’s so good, we had to include it here. Unibet are the only bookmaker today to offer a massive 7 places on the Grand National. You can do this in conjunction with their new customer offer listed above.
- Bet £10 on the Grand National and get 40 Free Spins
Bet £10+ on the Grand National and Betway will give you 40 free spins on the ‘Final Furlong’ slots. If you’re not lucky on the main race, you might be lucky on the slots! Betway have withdrawn their new customer welcome offer, so you won’t be able to do that in conjunction.
- Grand National – Back a Winner and Get a Free Bet Up to £50 on the Next Race
This is similar to Betfair. Back a winner at 4/1 or more and get a risk free bet on the next live ITV race (up to £50) at bet365. Offer applies to first single bet placed. Applies to Win and Each-Way Fixed Odds markets and Enhanced Place Terms markets only. Bet restrictions and T&Cs apply. New and eligible customers only.
- First Televised Race on Saturday – Money Back If You Lose
Another offer from Betway. This is not an offer for the Grand National, but it’s available for the first televised race on ITV at Aintree. If your hose loses, then Betway will refund your losing stake as a free bet. You could take advantage of this for the first race, and then if you don’t win, use your refunded bet on the Grand National. A maximum refund of £10 applies.
- Bet 5 x £5 Bets and Get a £5 Free Bet
- Money Back If Your Hose Falls Up to £10
There are 40 runners today, so many people will back a few horses. If you hold a 10Bet account, then take advantage of this offer. Opt-in first, and then when you bet £5 five times, you’ll be rewarded with a £5 free bet. Your qualifying bets can be used on any of the races earlier in the day, which are all televised on ITV. On top of that, 10Bet will give you money back if your horse falls in the race, up to £10.
- Grand National – Money Back If Your Horse Falls, Unseats or Is Brought Down
Everyone knows the Grand National is a demanding race. The fences are much more forgiving then they were in the race, but it’s a long race nonetheless. If you back a horse in the Grand National today and it falls, the jockey is unseated or brought down, then Winner will give you your money back. The max refund you can get is £10, and it’s awarded as a free bet.
Best Odds Guaranteed By Bookmaker
Remember, this is not guaranteeing that you will get the best odds across all bookmakers. Instead, if you back a horse and the odds get better after you back it, then when the race starts, you’ll get those new odds. You can get extra winnings this way. Here is a breakdown of bookmakers and what they are offering:
The final field has now been confirmed, so NRNB has been removed by most bookmakers.
List of Bookmakers That Have Withdrawn Their Offers
Around a third of bookies ill withdraw their welcome offer on the Friday/ Saturday of the Grand National. They don’t want to give away free bets for people that are only going to use it on the Grand National then never return. You can still sign up with them, you just won’t get a welcome offer. Here is the list as it stands on Saturday:
- Paddy Power (Switched to ‘2 horses for the price of 1’)
- William Hill (Switched to ‘bet 10 get 10’)
- Bet Victor
FAQ – What Do I Need To Know When Betting On The Grand National?
1) When is the 2020 Grand National?
The Grand National takes place Saturday, 4 April
2) What TV Station is it on?
The Grand National is broadcasted live on ITV One.
3) How Many Runners are there?
There are 40 runners, and the final list has already been confirmed. Back up races will replace any non-runners.
4) Who Is the Favourite This Year?
Tiger Roll is the favourite.
5) How Often Does the Favourite Win?
Not often, in the past 10 years, the favourite has won twice. The Grand National is more like a lottery than anything else. Here are horses winners over the past 10 years, and their odds. This gives you an idea of the sort of odds a winning horse can have:
- 2019 – Tiger Roll
- 2018 – Tiger Roll (14/1)
- 2017 – One For Arthur (14/1)
- 2016 – Rule The World (33/1)
- 2015 – Many Clouds (33/1)
- 2014 – Pineau De Re (25/1)
- 2013 – Auroras Encore (66/1)
- 2012 – Neptune Collonges (33/1)
- 2011 – Ballabriggs (14/1)
- 2010 – Don’t Push It (10/1 Joint Favourite)
6) How Do Betting Odds Work?
We’ve got a great article on how betting odds work. You can read it here.
7) What Does ‘Each-Way’ Mean?
This is a popular way to bet on the Grand National. If you bet each-way, it means you have two bets. One bet is for the horse to win, and then the second bet is for it to finish in the first ~5 positions. Because there are so many runners, this can make it more fun. Check out our full guide to each way betting to learn more.
8) What Do ‘Places’ Mean?
This relates to the above. If you bet for a horse to place as part of an each-way bet, the ‘places’ means the number of positions the horse must finish within for the bet to win the ‘place’ part of the each way bet. ‘5 places at 1/5’ odds means your horse must finish in the top five, and you’ll receive one-fifth of the odds for it to win.
9) What does NRNB stand for?
Throughout this article, we refer to ‘NRNB’. It stands for ‘non-runner no bet’ and means if the horse doesn’t run in the race, you receive your money back. This is more common with ante-post betting.
10) What Does ‘Best Odds Guaranteed’ (BOG) Mean?
The odds to back a horse has the potential to change. Some bookmakers will offer best odds guaranteed for the Grand National, meaning that if the starting price (SP) is a better price than the odds you backed it at, the bookmaker will pay you out at the bigger SP price if you win.
11) What Does Ante-Post Mean?
This refers to betting on the Grand National in advance of the final runners being announced.